3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

possibly supercharging?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:34 PM
05bluedak
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possibly supercharging?

i'm thinking of possibly doing a supercharger in the near 6-10 months. i gotta/wanna do a few other small things first but have been looking around anyway. i only know of one supercharger out there right now for us, a paxton supercharger,and it runs $5300. But for that price i might as well pick upa new engine.anyone know of any other ones out there, or in development, for our 4.7 that could maybe allow me to not have to sell my limbs?

Also, i'm thinking of either supercharging or...running a twin turbo setup. anyone here turbo any gen dakota with a V8? just curious of the results

Old 03-19-2007, 11:42 PM
bkjtimp
Veteran
Default RE: possibly supercharging?

Ever see this vid? A 5.2 dual turbo 2nd Gen Dak. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcbqEbFYpMw

Old 03-20-2007, 12:17 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good. What's the power though? And the videographer sucked ***** on that video.

Oh well...

Old 03-20-2007, 01:42 AM
05bluedak
Rookie

yea most big mods for our trucks have to be custom made, things are coming out though, i had my exhaust custom made with a flowmaster super40 muffler and i believe now they have a kit for our truck with some of their mufflers. there making progress...just not as fast as i like, haha

yea a descent sized single turbo is probably what i'm gonna lean towards depending on how much i save/wanna spend. i'm giving it some more time though because i'm hoping for another less expensive supercharger. i'm not home to drive my truck anyway, so might as well sit patiently.

thanks for the vid post bk.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:04 PM
RonnusTwo
Professional

I feel bad for those BFG A/Ts on that twin turbo truck... there's not gonna be much left of them

Old 03-20-2007, 06:30 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check with www.ststurbo.com. They have a great system out, but unforunately, they haven't made one yet for our daks with the 4.7L. They're a lot cheaper, and the gains are great.

I talked to one of the reps about a year and a half ago and they were willing to drop the price a bit for a test study. They're problem is mapping the fuel.

Quick Reply: possibly supercharging?