3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2011 Citadel AWD - Loud Noise in Back Over Bumps?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Murfdog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK. Took it to new dealer Wednesday. They called me Wednesday evening and they said that the headliner is going to be resolved and that the plastic velcro was coming down and that it needed to be reattached which they were taking care of. They also heard the bang sound and noticed the noise issues from the back but the serial # didn't fit into the TSB on the bushing issue. They called me back Thursday after speaking with Dodge technical and said new shocks were on the way from Detroit.

Dodge and the new dealer have been a pleasure to deal with. It really is too bad that the selling dealer service guy was an idiot. It should have never even gotten to this point. I will post the dealer info when this whole thing is resolved, hopefully by this Wednesday.

Thanks

Old 09-26-2011, 09:15 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Murfdog
OK. Took it to new dealer Wednesday. They called me Wednesday evening and they said that the headliner is going to be resolved and that the plastic velcro was coming down and that it needed to be reattached which they were taking care of. They also heard the bang sound and noticed the noise issues from the back but the serial # didn't fit into the TSB on the bushing issue. They called me back Thursday after speaking with Dodge technical and said new shocks were on the way from Detroit.

Dodge and the new dealer have been a pleasure to deal with. It really is too bad that the selling dealer service guy was an idiot. It should have never even gotten to this point. I will post the dealer info when this whole thing is resolved, hopefully by this Wednesday.

Thanks
Murf,

Glad the new dealership took an active role in hopefully getting your issue's resolved. It is sad that the dealership which sold you the vehicle doesn't seem to understand the connection between the service and sales department. I can't tell you how many dealers have lost future sales due to the service department not going the extra step for the customer. There is no reason that the original dealer did not contact someone at Chrysler and get some help on your issue. I hope that when you get your vehicle back all your issues have been resolved.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Murfdog

Got the Durango back today. What a difference! The headliner is fixed and the shocks were the problem. The dealer told me that one of the shocks fell apart when they removed it. I'm just glad that it's taken care of.

Original Dealer who I paid $46k for a car they wouldn't fix and made me feel like a dumbass complainer: Wally Armour Dodge in Alliance, OH

New Dealer who did the repair and who I'll be buying the next Dodge from: Furey Dodge in Malvern, OH

Thanks to everyone for the help

Murf

Old 09-28-2011, 09:51 PM
sidewinder9m
Veteran

Got the Durango back today. What a difference! The headliner is fixed and the shocks were the problem. The dealer told me that one of the shocks fell apart when they removed it. I'm just glad that it's taken care of.

Original Dealer who I paid $46k for a car they wouldn't fix and made me feel like a dumbass complainer: Wally Armour Dodge in Alliance, OH

New Dealer who did the repair and who I'll be buying the next Dodge from: Furey Dodge in Malvern, OH

Thanks to everyone for the help

Murf
Glad those issues on your D got fixed!!! I only had a minor issue with my Sirius service and the case manager at Dodge was very helpful and ensure it got resolve quickly.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:10 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Terrible Dodge Dealer = Wally Armour Dodge in Alliance, OH

Great Dodge Dealer = Furey Dodge in Malvern, OH

Just making sure we got that right for the search engines. Paybacks are all we have in the courts of public opinion.

IndyD

Old 09-29-2011, 08:14 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Murf + Side,

I am glad you finally got your issues resolved.

Last edited by DodgeCares; 09-29-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:54 PM
deshawn
Question Headliner Rattle

I am a new Citadel owner and have the roof rattle problem. I am going to take it to the dealer tomorrow. Does anyone know what the exact fix was? Do they have a service bulletin for it yet?

Old 10-03-2011, 01:39 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Deshawn,

No TSB has been issued on this problem as of yet. If a bulletin comes out on the issue I will post it. I have read posts from others with a few causes being the problem. They range from a headliner fastener needed to be re-attached all the way to the remote control in the overhead console rattling around. Hopefully the dealer can pinpoint your issue and fix it quickly for you.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Bumpervetteman
Amateur
Default Citadel Noise

Well I finally took delivery of my 2011 Charcoal Grey Citadel after it had sat at the dealer for 3 weeks. During this period they were trying to find a rattle in the roof that had been identified over numerous test drives. The first rattle was near the DVD Right rear passenger side and the second was near back drivers side of moonroof. Both issues were related to a harness and some velcro tabs that were not connected. I have had car for about 5 days and put 200 miles on it so far and the only noise that I hear now is the spare tire rattling between the mufflers inside of its housing. I took ot and they adjusted tire but it is still there. I can actaully shake tire when laying underneath and watch it hit the mufflers and wife can sit inside and hear the eaxct same noise as If we were driving. I can live with this but hopefully they will be a fix soon.

The looks that I get when driving this vehicle are amazing. I have been sitting in drive through lanes and had people pointing at me when in line. Citadels are pretty rare in my area and if you see one a week you are pretty lucky.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:49 PM
deshawn

Thanks Chris, I actually took it to the dealer and just got it back, the problem for me was a loose headliner bracket that they fixed. I also had a loose molding near the rear hatch. They fixed both, and all is quiet now.

Quick Reply: 2011 Citadel AWD - Loud Noise in Back Over Bumps?