3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Rear View not available on 12 R/T???

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:08 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ///AMG Hauler
I asssume my 2012 was built during the model year transition period when the website only offered the $395 option for 730N navigation. Now the build your own shows the "entry nav commuter group package" with 430N plus park sense and park view available as a package. Seems like it should not be that difficult to have the feature added post delivery?????? What is the difference between 430N and 730N??

Hauler,

Check out this site to view differences in media centers and their functionality.

http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/quality/

Old 12-02-2011, 08:28 AM
///AMG Hauler
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the link and as I understand, Citadels come with the 730 and park view so I will continue to ask for a dealer installed upgrade.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:31 AM
BHairsto

AMG Hauler -- New owner here. I just picked up a Redline '12 R/T last night and was shocked to discover no Parkview camera or Parksense, as I thought the Entry Nav Package was required to option up to the 730N-- I can't believe I made that mistake--even the salesmen were surprised (I had the car transferred from the dealer's other store, so no one at my store had seen the truck before delivery). Any update on getting the camera added and the associated cost? I have my salesman looking into the situation for me, as well. Despite this disappointment, I LOVE this SUV, and I have most recently only bought expensive Euro SUVs -- GL 450, ML550, and LR4 (which I traded for the Durango).

Old 12-30-2011, 08:53 AM
switchblade906
Record Breaker

Mt 12 R/T came with factory installed back up camera, parking sensors, and 730N nav

Old 12-30-2011, 09:33 AM
2012 R/T

I had the same problem and didn't get the camera and now wish I did.

Honestly, it is really silly that they don't include these cameras standard with all of the touch screen head units. These are the small things that turn customers off and/or make them really frustrated with the dealers when they didn't get something they thought they were. Why is there the need for 3 or 4 different head units? Should be pretty simple, one with Navigation and one without. That is one thing I did like about Ford, options were straight forward.

Sorry for the rant, this is the only thing I was unhappy about with my new purchase. Stepping off the soap box now....

-Will

Old 12-30-2011, 09:46 AM
BHairsto

Originally Posted by 2012 R/T
I had the same problem and didn't get the camera and now wish I did.

Honestly, it is really silly that they don't include these cameras standard with all of the touch screen head units. These are the small things that turn customers off and/or make them really frustrated with the dealers when they didn't get something they thought they were. Why is there the need for 3 or 4 different head units? Should be pretty simple, one with Navigation and one without. That is one thing I did like about Ford, options were straight forward.

Sorry for the rant, this is the only thing I was unhappy about with my new purchase. Stepping off the soap box now....

-Will
I totally agree--no need to apologize for the rant--it's more than justified! You get so much more bang for your buck with this SUV compared to the "luxury" brands, but the tech options/package combinations are confusing and silly.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:59 AM
46fever
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We just purchased '12 R/T with factory installed 730N and Backup, so it is available. Our dealer had to search for one though, the R/T on his lot did not have Backup.

We originally purchased the one on his lot, with plans to dealer-install the camera. He found out the next day, when trying to order parts, that Dodge would not send them. . . . Since Backup was an essential option for us, we took the first Durango back, and had it swapped for another dealer's.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:47 PM
///AMG Hauler
Rookie

Dealer told me it is impossible to add the rear view camera if you have the stand alone 730N navigation option which was the only navigation system available on the R/T for a short period of time when the 2012 production started.

Specifically they said:

1. My head unit (730N) is not compatible with park view although they could not explain how it is in the Citidel.
2. I would need a new rear bumper because park sense and park view have to both be installed and my bumper is not compatible with the sensors.

I am going to look at aftermarket options now as I want to take the stereo system to another level as well. I agree that a rear view camera should be standard with every trim level just as a safety and liability concern for such a long vehicle with poor rearward visibility.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:37 PM
BHairsto

This is ridiculous. I was just told by my salesperson that Parksense is available but must be installed with the Parkview camera, which is not available for the 730N now, but may be in the future. Shame on me for not doing enough due diligence before my purchase, but this situation is beyond irritating. AMG Hauler--if you find a viable aftermarket camera option that can be easily integrated into the 730N display, I would appreciate any info you can share--I will be looking as well! I don't want to go through the trouble and expense of replacing the head unit, though.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:19 PM
redlinez

If you want to add a backup camera you can use a MyGig lock pick found at link below:
http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG.htm
Checking the the website you can see what this unit can do besides just rear camera.
There was a group buy here for considerably less money a few months back, not sure if it's still good. I bought one, not installed yet, may put in my Jeep. Check E-Bay.

You can see the installation from this forum below:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...4-install.html

As for Parksense, I don't know, but there are all kinds of aftermarket systems available.

Quick Reply: Rear View not available on 12 R/T???