3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Complete LED fog light assembly installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 10:27 AM
kingofwylietx
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete LED fog light assembly installed

I just changed out my factory fog lights to LED last week. This is a complete light assembly, not a replacement bulb. They are actually designed for the Charger police car and have full strobe capability built-in, but I have them programed to stay on like normal fogs (no flashing).

This is the first time I have had to post the pics. The front of the D is covered with bugs because I just got back from Louisiana.

Let me know what you think. These were super easy to install.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:41 AM
coldsteel
Captain
Talking

How much light is actually produced? Can we get a night shot of just the LEDs lit against the road?

Were the housings a direct fit mounting? Did you have to play with the wiring?

What exactly did you have to program?

You have to be thorough around here.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:26 PM
kingofwylietx
Professional

Quite a bit of light is produced. I can get a night shot this weekend and post the picture.

The housing is a perfect fit for the Durango (and, obviously, the Charger....possibly all Dodge fog lights that are round, but I'm not sure). I removed my factory fog lights and installed these. You do reuse the black foglight bucket.

I spliced into the fog light wires to get power.

The lights come with 16 strobe patterns built-in. To change the pattern, there is a wire you touch to ground to rotate throught the patterns. Once you get to the flash pattern you want (I selected steady-on -- no flashing), then you don't need that wire any longer (I taped mine up).

I was just sharing what I did. I went with white LED's, but might change them out to amber. I have not decided yet. I have a few more LED light projects I'm planning for my Durango. I also installed a crazy bright LED light in the rear cargo area....but didn't put up pics since it doesn't match the factory light color (factory being a warm color and my cargo light is very white).

Last edited by kingofwylietx; 02-24-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Ryan Albert
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did you get these and how much did they run you?

Old 02-25-2012, 12:09 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

king, looks great!

I may steal the idea when you provide the details if you don't mind... with full credit to you of course!

IndyDurango

Old 02-25-2012, 07:53 AM
rdkind62
Professional

Looks good. Like the others here, I would like a couple more pics and info.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:05 AM
kingofwylietx
Professional

I will get pics of the lights tonight so you can see how much light they put out.

Here is the company that makes the light, and a link to the actual light. You will need to scroll down to 'Dodge Charger Fog Light Kit' and click it if you want to see what it actually looks like from the side. You actually get to select the color of the lens cover and you get to select the color of the LED light. I went with clear lens and white light. I think I might change it to clear lens with amber light.

http://www.soundoffsignal.com/warnam...nt/sm_R4G3.htm

I should note that these are not Ebay toy lights. These are emergency vehicle lights. These are quite bright, even when used in daylight. They are NOT true FOG lights, they are emergency lights designed to replace the Dodge fog lights. I am using them in the steady-on program. They do not have beam cut-offs like true fog lights. They are just a little north of $200 a set and have a 5 year warranty. I'm pretty sure these are made in the USA.

Last edited by kingofwylietx; 02-25-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 02-25-2012, 08:22 PM
MiamiRT
Veteran

I like the looks of this mod!

Old 02-25-2012, 11:06 PM
2011HEAT
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MiamiRT
I like the looks of this mod!

+1, looks really clean!

Old 02-26-2012, 10:43 AM
kingofwylietx
Professional

Okay, I went out last night and took some pictures of the light output. All these were taken with my iphone, no flash. I selected this spot because it had an a/c condensor, which helps give you better depth perception.

I really like the look of these lights when you look at the Durango. I even use them as daytime running lights sometimes. They just look very cool when turned on....it gives a very high tech look to the front. Even when they are off, you can see the emitters in there. Super cool.

These are not the best pictures, because I used my Iphone. But, they are what they are. If you want to see something different, let me know. I think the lights look much brighter in person.

First picture, no lights. This just gives you an idea how dark it was.

Second picture, LED fog lights only.

Third picture, LED fog lights only. I moved back quite a bit to show light dispersion.

Fourth picture, factory HID low beams only.

Last picture, factory HID low beams + LED fogs

Quick Reply: Complete LED fog light assembly installed