3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

New member w/ rear suspension issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 12:08 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

12HemiR/T,

Good to hear and like hwy101 said, keep us posted! I hope everything gets resolved.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:58 PM
12HemiR/T
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I drove the D over the weekend and unfortunately replacing the shocks per the TSB did not solve the problem. I still hear a thud / thump / rattle only from the driver's side. Same noise. Essentially no change with the new shocks. I have a call into my dealer for next steps.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:00 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

12HemiR/T,

I'm sorry your clunk/rattle noise problem is still there. Definitely advise your servicing dealer that the concern is still present and if you have any questions or are looking for additional assistance, feel free to PM me.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:42 PM
hwy101
Professional

Not good news hopefully chrysler engineers get involved and solve the issue its really getting annoying

Old 06-21-2013, 09:32 AM
12HemiR/T
Professional

Originally Posted by hwy101
Not good news hopefully chrysler engineers get involved and solve the issue its really getting annoying
Hwy, I assume reading back through the thread, you are experiencing same issue? Do you hear the thud / thump from both sides or one side? Is your D an R/T?? Again, there has to be an issue on another component in the rear suspension. BTW, I am still waiting to hear back from the dealer on next steps.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:16 PM
hwy101
Professional

Its an rt i changed the rear shocks to regular shocks noise went away the other issue i had was when i fill the truck up with gas it would lean to the left side, i think the rt springs are weak im going to try a few other options if it doesnt work going to trade it in

Old 06-28-2013, 03:37 PM
12HemiR/T
Professional

Finally caught up with Service Advisor today. He did receive some feedback from Chrysler Tech support. He went on to explain something about a super session and there is yet another (later) version of the shocks with a suffix AH. He was told to order the updated part number and put those shocks on. Hopefully next week. I continue to remind the Service Advisor that I only hear the noise from drivers side of vehicle, which means the passenger side is quiet going over same type of road surfaces that cause the noise on the drivers side. The dealer is making an effort, but only with consistent follow-up and nagging from me. More to come.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:22 PM
12HemiR/T
Professional

Picked up the D yesterday after the fourth set (including original factory set) of load leveling shocks were installed. Only driven about 40 miles but I will say that the ride quality is much improved, however I still hear a slight thump from the drivers side under certain conditions. I might be able to live with it. The service manager mentioned that Chrysler is on a fourth version of the shock. So for you R/T owners out there with load leveling shocks that are not happy with the ride quality or excess rear suspension noise, I would recommend taking the D into your local dealer, explain that you hear clunking from the rear of the vehicle and ask about a TSB. Make sure the dealer installs that latest version of the shock ending in AH.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:59 PM
V for Victory
All Star

Awesome info Hemi, I'm calling them tomorrow to resolve my drivers side thump. It's starting to get progressively worst. Love this Forum.

Update:

Called the dealer this morning and they are ordering the new "AH" shocks which will be in next week and then they will replace them. Didn't even need to "bring it in" for them to diagnose the problem. I told the advisor the problem has been getting worst over the last couple of weeks and that I read "on the internet, so it must be true" their was a TSB on the issue. He agreed and said, no problem Mr. Phillips, see you next week! AWESOME customer service again !!!! Im really starting to like what Dodge is doing! I don't think this would have been so smooth with my bowtie I traded in...just saying

Last edited by V for Victory; 07-05-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:39 PM
12HemiR/T
Professional

Originally Posted by V for Victory
Awesome info Hemi, I'm calling them tomorrow to resolve my drivers side thump. It's starting to get progressively worst. Love this Forum.

Update:

Called the dealer this morning and they are ordering the new "AH" shocks which will be in next week and then they will replace them. Didn't even need to "bring it in" for them to diagnose the problem. I told the advisor the problem has been getting worst over the last couple of weeks and that I read "on the internet, so it must be true" their was a TSB on the issue. He agreed and said, no problem Mr. Phillips, see you next week! AWESOME customer service again !!!! Im really starting to like what Dodge is doing! I don't think this would have been so smooth with my bowtie I traded in...just saying
Sounds like a good dealer with a service department keyed in on customer service. Please post what you think of the new shock set up

Quick Reply: New member w/ rear suspension issue