3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

New member w/ rear suspension issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 02:26 PM
V for Victory
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just looked under the truck and my right rear shock appears to have been leaking, oil all over the lower portion all the way down to the lower bolt. Next Tuesday it goes in for the swap out.!

Old 07-10-2013, 07:12 PM
12HemiR/T
Professional

Originally Posted by V for Victory
Just looked under the truck and my right rear shock appears to have been leaking, oil all over the lower portion all the way down to the lower bolt. Next Tuesday it goes in for the swap out.!
I was told on set #2 the drivers side was leaking.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:38 AM
V for Victory
All Star

Good Morning, So here is my "good story", yesterday I took my DD into the dealership for the shock replacement, the sales manager, "Jill" came right out to the service bay when I pulled in and was in very impressed with the looks of my truck. I explained I have the filter and Synethic oil with me for a oil change and I provided the sleeved lug socket and my torque wrench set at 110 lbs. to re-tighten my lugs. I asked her to inspect my truck for any scratches, swirls, chips and so on, which their isn't any. I also opened the hood to show her the white engine cover and asked if she would like me to remove it so the mechanic doesn't spill oil all over it and she said "Nope, it will be fine". I jokingly told her I would like to stand with my baby while she is being operated on, Jill laughed and said she would give the truck to one of the Viper mechanics to do the work and it would be about four hours before she was out of recovery. They then drove me home, and I waited.

Four and a half hours later, she was done and ready for pickup. I got dropped back off at the dealership and they had pulled my truck back into the inside service lanes to keep her safe from the parking lot and now the pouring rain. Of course after I spent three hours detailing her the evening before. Anyway, no scratches, dents, dings, no issues with my wheels, I thoroughly inspected it, including the torque on the lugs, pulled the dip stick to check oil level, and there was Jill again, Mr. Phillips, your truck was swarmed by the techs out in the repair garage and I had to beat them back to work, we changed the oil but you only gave us 7 quarts and you need 7.5 to top it off, the mechanic used the same Penzoil Ultra to top off as you know that the factory oil in the vipers. the next oil change do the same thing bring us 7 and we will top off so you don't have to have the half open contained laying around! So, drove home is a complete down pour and all is quite, no thuds, bangs or rattles, problem solved and a second great experience at Reedman Toll Autoworld Dodge Service Department. Now I have to go wash my truck again for a car show tomorrow! Ha

Old 07-13-2013, 10:08 AM
12HemiR/T
Professional

V great story! Glad the shock replacement quieted down your baby.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:13 AM
Frozentoze
Default Rear rattle from lift gate?

I have a rattle that seems to be similar to the ones youve been describing. I have the 2012 sxt with LLevellers.

I sat in the back while my wife drive it around so I could put my ear on the exact location. It seems to be coming from inside the lift gate door itself, close to the wiper.

If there's another thread for that rattle, please refer me to that one.

Otherwise, I'm wondering if anyone's had this rattle / solved it?

Old 08-25-2015, 07:49 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I haven't had the rattle in the liftgate, but I have had the liftgate panel off to swap in LEDs in the rear of my 2011 Hemi, inside and out. A word of caution - Since you're looking for a rattle in the rear, make sure you have replacement plastic "rivets" before you remove the panel. More than one will break when you unsnap the rear and it apparently doesn't matter how careful you are.

-Rod

Quick Reply: New member w/ rear suspension issue