3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

'11+ Tuner - Finally!!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 04:57 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GizmoDurango
Hey D3, what's the word? Notice any positive gains?
+1 didn't realize that u should have had it by now!

Old 01-19-2013, 08:48 AM
D3-Blk-Hemi
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDurango
Hey D3, what's the word? Notice any positive gains?
Going to pick-up the Tuner today @ UPS Local Facility. DiabloSport had signature required on the package. I'm so pissed right now!!!! DiabloSport did not list this when filling out the online shipping form. Now 3 days later still don't have the tuner! I wrote to DiabloSport with my frustrations.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Jpo
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those with prior Mopar tuning experience does a tune show up in a dealer scan and is there a flash couter in the ecu etc..?

Old 01-20-2013, 07:28 PM
rmontheweb
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jpo
For those with prior Mopar tuning experience does a tune show up in a dealer scan and is there a flash couter in the ecu etc..?
Just de tune it each time you bring to dealer simple to do and better to be on safe side then them try to void you for that ..

Old 01-20-2013, 08:44 PM
CMil527
Champion

Originally Posted by Jpo
I'm sure it will show up but stock parameters should be able to be reinstalled easily upon dealer visits!

Old 01-20-2013, 08:55 PM
GotRPM
Professional
Cool

The gurus on the RAM and Jeep forums say that there is a flash counter, and that if the dealer looks hard enough he can see if a tune was installed. This means that "de-tuning" the PCM prior to a visit to the dealer will not hide anything if the dealer has to do a warranty repair. The dealer will look and he will find - Chrysler insists, they've been stung with this for years. Besides, if you do hide the tune then you are guilty of fraud if the dealer makes a warranty repair on something caused by the tune. I am appalled at how many members here seem to think that personal fraud is okay. Of course they won't tolerate it from the dealer - but if they defraud the dealer to avoid taking responsibility for their own actions, well I guess then it's okay...

You'll find a lot more expertise on Mopar technical subjects in the above forums - they're not smarter than us, there's just an order of magnitude more of them....

Last edited by GotRPM; 01-20-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:09 PM
CMil527
Champion

I try not to assume anything about another grown man and can only speak for myself but I don't get the sense anyone was/is trying to defraud the dealer but when u come across dealerships that hassle customers over an intake or any simple bolt on costumers become wary. I personally had my transmission replaced on my '05 SRT-10 with a B&G tune installed, have serviced fully modded BMW's many times with and without dealer problems and would advise anyone servicing a vehicle that has a handheld tuned to return to stock settings to avoid issues whenever and wherever possible. I think most consumers realize its 2013 and if it takes 2 years simply to crack the stock coding there's a good chance big brother can scan any vehicle and know exactly what's going on.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:47 AM
HeMiDD305
Professional

I can't see how tuning a vehicle and setting stock parameters before a visit meets the definition of fraud? Especially when you consider most problems with These vehicles and others I've owned we're not caused by tuners

Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 AM
sbindley
Professional

For sure this warranty subject is a common one on these boards of all makes. Bottom line is the dealer has to prove the an ECU tune caused whatever issue is in question and I think a lot of folks are not as comfortable when it comes to car repair ethics in general. I mod everything (just sold my Solstice Coupe with a blown V8) and would love to put a blower on the D as I really wanted the SRT Durango that Dodge did not build. I'll certainly do the tune (as well as the upgraded tune on the canned Diablo tune) So, warranty stuff is a little different for me.

I think most owners wanting to hide tunes do so to prevent a shifty service rep from having a convenient way to blame a problem on the owner.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:03 AM
mac424
Professional

Here was a good read I saw on the LX forum. I still see a concern, but its not going to stop me from doing it. I loved what Diablosport did for my Magnum.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/f246/e...estore-325964/

I also do accept the fact that if I put a tune on the D and have to get the PCM reflashed because of me creating the problem I'll have to pay for it. Gotta pay to play you know?

Quick Reply: '11+ Tuner - Finally!!?