3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Push to Start Button

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014 | 01:00 PM
bruker
|
Question Push to Start Button

We have a "new to us" `11 Durango that the Push to Start Button doesn't work. If I take the button out and push my finger in the hole it will start and shut off just fine but when I put the button in nothing happens. Inserting the key fob and turning it works fine too. Any ideas as to why the button doesn't work?

Old 12-29-2014 | 01:35 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran

Dead key fob battery maybe?

Old 12-29-2014 | 05:01 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by bruker
We have a "new to us" `11 Durango that the Push to Start Button doesn't work. If I take the button out and push my finger in the hole it will start and shut off just fine but when I put the button in nothing happens. Inserting the key fob and turning it works fine too. Any ideas as to why the button doesn't work?
bruker,

I'm sorry to hear about your starting issues. Are both key fobs functioning as they should, (lock/unlock, remote start)?

It seems as though you have been able to narrow down the source of concern based on what you've tried. That being said, it would likely be duplicated with ease for your Service Dept. If an issue with the button is present, your dealer will be able to pinpoint what is required to address.

Old 12-29-2014 | 09:25 PM
roogie
Rookie

You can take out the button and use the fob like a key? I had no idea.

roog

Old 12-31-2014 | 06:54 PM
GDM
Professional

Yep. Took mine out on day two of ownership and use the key. Don't care for the push button start.

Old 01-01-2015 | 12:06 PM
DDCREW
Professional

Maybe that button has something missing (that may have broken off), like a post. I suggest taking the button and going to the dealer to compare to a "working" button they have, and go from there.

Old 01-01-2015 | 12:20 PM
roogie
Rookie

Originally Posted by GDM
Yep. Took mine out on day two of ownership and use the key. Don't care for the push button start.
Is there an instructional on how to do this? We got our DD used so no Owner's Manual came with it.

Thanks!

roog

Old 01-01-2015 | 12:58 PM
bruker
|

Originally Posted by roogie
Is there an instructional on how to do this? We got our DD used so no Owner's Manual came with it.

Thanks!

roog

Just take a small screw driver and pop it out.

Old 01-01-2015 | 01:35 PM
DDCREW
Professional

Thanks!

roog
Just Google it, e.g., 2011 Dodge Durango owners Manual, and you'll get the website to Chrysler with your manual in PDF format. Note that Chrysler doesn't make available Service and Repair manuals to regular people like us and repair shops have to buy them; I heard that they make them available like 3-4 years after the model release (but I may be wrong).

Last edited by DDCREW; 01-01-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-03-2015 | 08:08 PM
wildspeed
Professional

Thanks!

roog
Are you sure about that ?
Look in the glove box on the top part of it, there is a slot where usually the owner manual hide...

but if it's not there, here is 1 online
http://www.chryslercommercialvehicle...ngo-OM-4th.pdf

Last edited by wildspeed; 01-03-2015 at 08:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Push to Start Button