View Poll Results: What CAI do you have or recommend?
K & N
35.66%
Air Raid
11.21%
AEM
3.64%
Mopar
5.24%
Volant
8.59%
Afe
4.66%
True Flow
1.02%
S & B
2.18%
Ram Hammer
1.31%
home made
16.45%
ebay or other (specify in a post)
10.04%
Voters: 687. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2015, 09:53 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Air Intake and Exhaust Guides
Print Wikipost

Cold air intakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 12:39 PM
santafehemi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

k&n cai but i replaced the air filter with an AEM dry filter

Old 06-21-2009, 02:11 AM
Styx
Amateur

Originally Posted by 70x7
What are you 5.9 magnum people using?
For what you get out of it, I refuse to spend $300 for one.

I just got the K&N CAI and an Airaid throttle spacer on my 5.9 had to do some modding on the K&N to fit with the 3/4" t-spacer but the pickup from 1500 rpm on up is great... nice sound too... \i was skeptical about the t-spacer but I put it on after the CAI and it did make some seat of the pants difference...
Worth the $500 canadian I paid for me yes but for others??? I guess they sell lots so I would say so...
Oh and fuel economy is a bit better I dropped 1 L/100km on highway driving at the same speed on the same road...

Old 07-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

I'm running a K&N 63 Series Intake on my truck. I haven't had it for a week so I'm not sure about any mileage increase yet. Power seems to be up a little and throttle responce has improved. I'm not sure how much more torque it gave my truck, but it is definetly more than I'm used to. It sounds awesome under acceleration. Installation was a bit frustrating, but I am impressed with the finished product. I bought it from Airram.com. Anyone interested in a new intake should definetly check out that site...really good deals and free shipping.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:48 PM
danelde
Default Cool air intake

I have a cool air intake made by Volant for my Ram SRT 10. It seemed a ideal product when I ordered it because it has another tube coming off my useable air scoop for more horse power. However, I feel the engineering was a little bad. Frist the hardware was to short for anything that needed to attach to the double brackets. Second the breather hose for the valve cover was now to short for the Volant opening and should have been enginereed to fit better. The other breather hose was to long and need to be cut so it would not pinch together. Finally the the extra useable hood scoop intake saged toward the drive side due to the distace from intake box. Volant should have designed something to support it better. I was able to easly fix the hardware problem by buying longer bolts. I had some difficulty making a small bracket to hold up the saging scoop. I have not had any luck tring to find a longer breather tube for the valve cover because the OEM eupiment breather tube has to differnt sizes at each end. Like I said for the price, I feel Volant could have easly engineered I better fitting product.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:53 PM
danelde
Default Ram SRT 10

Hi, I have a 05 Ram SRT 10. Does anyone know how to take the calipers off the front so I can change the pads. Do you know the size tool to do this. Thank you.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:27 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Airaid MIT with a K&N drop-in filter.
Name:  IMG_0311.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  143.6 KB

Old 07-22-2009, 08:42 PM
mxculture

Originally Posted by lxman1
Airaid MIT with a K&N drop-in filter.
I baught a aFe stage 2 CAI for 500$CAD...love the sound but very disapointed that it DOESNT go directly to my throttle body. It boots into my HEMI hat airbox which is very constrictive. Can I buy just an AirAid tubing or something that can fix this problem???

Old 07-28-2009, 11:46 PM
davb673
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chambers
Pretty much all the cold air intakes give you 8-10 hp and better throttle response as long as they eliminate the stock tubing to the throttle body.
That was my understanding. Since my last post, I've removed my sewer pipe and replaced it with some 3.5" mandrel bent exhaust pipe. No reducers required! I am even using the factory rubber doughnut at the throttle valve...the pipe is a snug squeeze, but it fits. Some pictures are in my gallery. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/members...ntake-mod.html
Why? This is what I should have done the first time, and I discovered the hole I drilled for the IAT had opened up, allowing unfiltered air in. That reducer had gotten distorted due to heat and compression, so I figured this was a better solution. I also took the IAT and dropped it in the air box, below the filter.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:30 AM
carusso1

I looked at the intake bwhite757 constructed (on page 4) and expanded on his idea. Does anyone know if you retain the pre-molded piece only (the big box you see when you lift the hood that says Hemi 5.7L on it that connects to the throttle body) to make the 90 degree bend and retain the sensor in the stock location will you loose any of the performance of the CAI? It appears this pre-molded piece makes a smooth sweep to the throttle body and would be similar to the installation of a 90 degree bend. I eliminated the flexible tubing and air filter box and replaced them with schedule 40 PVC and a K&N filter.

Thanks!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Spokane_Dodge
Rookie

Originally Posted by carusso1
I looked at the intake bwhite757 constructed (on page 4) and expanded on his idea. Does anyone know if you retain the pre-molded piece only (the big box you see when you lift the hood that says Hemi 5.7L on it that connects to the throttle body) to make the 90 degree bend and retain the sensor in the stock location will you loose any of the performance of the CAI? It appears this pre-molded piece makes a smooth sweep to the throttle body and would be similar to the installation of a 90 degree bend. I eliminated the flexible tubing and air filter box and replaced them with schedule 40 PVC and a K&N filter.

Thanks!
Might as well replace it all. The resonator box you are talking about is made to dampen air flow noise... Most likely by slowing it.

Quick Reply: Cold air intakes