Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 08:33 AM
carusso1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott,

Just checking to see if anyone has had a chance to look into what is going on with my programmer. I sent you a few messages and haven't heard anything. I think your private inbox may be full. I have run the 87 and then the 91 tune for approximately 600 miles. I tried the Tow/Haul tune for approximately 150 miles. I then went back to the Stock setting and there has been pretty much no noticeable change in the performance of the truck. I have disabled the MDS and then re-enabled it. I have changed the W-O-T shift points and then changed them back. The truck will have slightly improved shifts at the new points but nothing to right home about. So far I am very disappointed with the results of installing this programmer in my truck. I have contacted Summit to check on their return policy....it can still be returned although I would prefer not to take it back if there is something that can be done.

If your engineers decide there is nothing wrong with the programmer and the performance I am getting is all I'm going to get, I sure don't see what all the fuss is about in this forum.

Any idea when the new update will be released and when it is, do you think it may help with my situation?

Craig

Old 08-05-2009, 10:17 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how long did u have each tune on? sometimes it takes about 100 miles for the pcm to learn the tune.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:34 AM
carusso1

I had both the 87 tune and the 91 tune on for approximately 300 miles each and the Tow/Haul tune on for about 150 miles.

Anyone know anything about D VIN coded Hemi's?

Old 08-05-2009, 10:45 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Craig,

How many miles does your truck have?

Sil

Old 08-05-2009, 11:13 AM
carusso1

It has somewhere around 12,600 miles

Old 08-05-2009, 11:27 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by carusso1
It has somewhere around 12,600 miles
The reason I asked is, DCX added a 5000 mile break in period staring in 2007. Of course, you're well beyond those miles. You'll be better able to adjust shifting performance when transmission tuning is released. That will help. I have a 2008 and mine runs like a demon with Superchips, even before testing. What rev limit and shift points have you used?

Sil

Old 08-05-2009, 11:55 AM
carusso1

Currently I am using the 87 tune with rev limiter set to 6500 rpm's and the **** points are set to 5900 rpm's.

When you say yours runs like a demon how do you mean? I had a 2003 Hemi Ram prior to purchasing this truck in September. My 2003 ran 100% better. I could spin the rear tires loose from a dead stop and rip off a 50 ft strip with no problem. And this 2003 didn't have a single mod on it. My 2008 can't turn tire at all and it feels as though it can't get out of it's own way......when compared to my 2003 that is. It does feel like to power is there at times......but other times it seems to be lacking.

What are the first to digits of your VIN no.?

Old 08-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Did you try contacting Chris in CSR per my last Pm to you? I just sent you another PM with what info i have available to me currently but your best bet is to get with Chris so he can work directly with the engineer on your behalf.

Scott

Scott,

Just checking to see if anyone has had a chance to look into what is going on with my programmer. I sent you a few messages and haven't heard anything. I think your private inbox may be full. I have run the 87 and then the 91 tune for approximately 600 miles. I tried the Tow/Haul tune for approximately 150 miles. I then went back to the Stock setting and there has been pretty much no noticeable change in the performance of the truck. I have disabled the MDS and then re-enabled it. I have changed the W-O-T shift points and then changed them back. The truck will have slightly improved shifts at the new points but nothing to right home about. So far I am very disappointed with the results of installing this programmer in my truck. I have contacted Summit to check on their return policy....it can still be returned although I would prefer not to take it back if there is something that can be done.

If your engineers decide there is nothing wrong with the programmer and the performance I am getting is all I'm going to get, I sure don't see what all the fuss is about in this forum.

Any idea when the new update will be released and when it is, do you think it may help with my situation?

Craig

Old 08-05-2009, 12:38 PM
carusso1

yes i did contact him. i think you and i discussed that in a couple PM's back and forth. he gave me a ref. number to refer to but i thought you were going to see it through and keep me informed. i will contact Chris today.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:47 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

When you say yours runs like a demon how do you mean?
My 2008, since I disabled MDS, runs just as hard as my 2004 (comparing both with aftermarket muffler, CAI and Superchips). I couldn't say that prior to hitting the break in period and disabling MDS. I can spin the tires loose and can scratch it in second.

I run the 91 tune. I have my rev limit set at 6400 and 1-2, 2-3 at 5950, 6050.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates