Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 12:15 AM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davb673
I had my doubts when I plugged it into my truck since I have an 07 flex-fuel, but it worked just fine. I gotta say my hat is off to Superchips, the part throttle acceleration difference is fantastic! I did notice it raised shift points a couple mph, nothing dramatic though. The truck also seems to run lower rpm now at speed, maybe 50-100 less in 5OD lock.
I can now also answer my own question about octane. Even here over 4,500 feet, I still need to run 87 octane for the 87 octane tune. I was getting some uphill acceleration knock with 85.
The only issue I am having is getting the speedo set correctly. The default was for 31.75 inch tires, but I have the factory 20s with 33 inch tires. When I loaded 33 and drove around, my speedo is fast about 3mph at 60mph. I then tried 33.25, but that didn't quite fix it. Did I miss something? I left the final drive ratio at 3.92...
My Superchips does the same thing. Leave it set at 31.75 in., the Superchips apparently thinks that is the stock height, although I think that is the size for the tires with the 17” rims, and it will keep the speedo at the factory setting.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:54 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by 06 Ram5.7
My Superchips does the same thing. Leave it set at 31.75 in., the Superchips apparently thinks that is the stock height, although I think that is the size for the tires with the 17” rims, and it will keep the speedo at the factory setting.
This is correct.

Superchips calculates actual tire height measured from the ground to the top of the tire. That's what will go into the tire size option. If you have stock tires, no need to change the setting that's there.

Sil

Old 08-25-2009, 09:56 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
This is correct.

Superchips calculates actual tire height measured from the ground to the top of the tire. That's what will go into the tire size option. If you have stock tires, no need to change the setting that's there.

Sil
unless you ahve the 20" rims that came with mayn of our trucks. then your tire size is 33"

Old 08-25-2009, 09:58 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

I had my doubts when I plugged it into my truck since I have an 07 flex-fuel, but it worked just fine. I gotta say my hat is off to Superchips, the part throttle acceleration difference is fantastic! I did notice it raised shift points a couple mph, nothing dramatic though. The truck also seems to run lower rpm now at speed, maybe 50-100 less in 5OD lock.
I can now also answer my own question about octane. Even here over 4,500 feet, I still need to run 87 octane for the 87 octane tune. I was getting some uphill acceleration knock with 85.
The only issue I am having is getting the speedo set correctly. The default was for 31.75 inch tires, but I have the factory 20s with 33 inch tires. When I loaded 33 and drove around, my speedo is fast about 3mph at 60mph. I then tried 33.25, but that didn't quite fix it. Did I miss something? I left the final drive ratio at 3.92...
Nice feedback.

Just keep it at the default (31.75) setting for the factory 20's. If you physically measure your tires from the ground to the top of the tire, they'll measure about 31.75. If you went bigger or smaller on tires in the future, this would be the way to change the tire size option in Superchips.

Sil

Old 08-25-2009, 10:00 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
unless you ahve the 20" rims that came with mayn of our trucks. then your tire size is 33"
Nope. Factory would be the setting in Superchips. The way Superchips calculates it is actual physical measurement from the ground to the top of the tire. If you set 33" in Superchips, your speedo will be off.

Sil

Old 08-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

. The truck also seems to run lower rpm now at speed, maybe 50-100 less in 5OD lock.
How is this possible? The programmer changes shift points, but the gearing is still the same. Did you change the ring & pinion?

Old 08-25-2009, 12:07 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

its not possible. unless he wasn't locked before and now the truck is locking the tq more.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:21 PM
davb673
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
its not possible. unless he wasn't locked before and now the truck is locking the tq more.
That is kind of what I was thinking. Unfortunately, I also just finished installing my Transgo shift kit, and I didn't waste any time uploading the Superchips right after that...so it might be a slight line pressure increase helping the TQ lock better?

Old 08-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

That is kind of what I was thinking. Unfortunately, I also just finished installing my Transgo shift kit, and I didn't waste any time uploading the Superchips right after that...so it might be a slight line pressure increase helping the TQ lock better?
ahhh.... I see..

Old 08-25-2009, 09:14 PM
SilsHemi
All Star
Cool

Sharing a few more pictures of menus...

Shift Schedule (PT up/dn) and Torque Management (WOT/PT) in the Options screen.

Name:  SC4.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  43.1 KB

Entering Shift Schedule you'll see Select Shift Sch. (Time to chose what you want to do with your PT up/dn shifts)

Name:  SC6.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  42.6 KB

Entering Select Shift Sch. you can choose Up Shift and/or Dn Shift. (In this picture, User for up shifts and Superchips for dn shifts selected)

Name:  SC3.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  63.1 KB

Here's what your choices are in Up Shift and Down Shift. (You can choose Stock as well)

Name:  SC1.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  43.4 KB

Torque Management (WOT and PT; PT TM will have 4 RPM ranges you can adjust per shift)

Name:  SC2.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  42.6 KB

WOT TrqMgt selected. (Everything stock in picture)

Name:  SC5.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  55.0 KB

What you see here could change slightly. Since we're nearing the end of the alpha, this may be pretty much what it could look like. It's very user friendly. If you like, when User is selected, you'll have control of everything. This is going to be a very powerful transmission tuning program and no one will have anything like it for our trucks.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates