Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Kebo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Superchips Tom
If you ordered a 3815, you'll get a 3815. Our factory is currently building 3815 this week and loading the 3865 for future orders. Your order is probably in the mix of 3815s running down the line this week.

Well I got my order update today.....I called because I was wondering why it was taking a over a week to ship my order......seems that the delay on the 3815 was due to the fact that I am getting a 3865 instead. I guess since it is being dropped ship directly from SuperChips, I am getting the new stuff. Thanks

Old 03-19-2009, 08:41 PM
donjohnk
Veteran

I was wondering, If I ordered my 3815 would I get the 3815 or the updated version? I would like to get one now because of the price, I think once the new model comes out the prices will go back up... I want to wait for the new model but dont wanna take the chance paying more... what do you guys think.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Kebo
Professional

Originally Posted by donjohnk
I was wondering, If I ordered my 3815 would I get the 3815 or the updated version? I would like to get one now because of the price, I think once the new model comes out the prices will go back up... I want to wait for the new model but dont wanna take the chance paying more... what do you guys think.

Well that is what I ordered, the 3815. Last Wed. So I have been waiting to get it for over a week. Everytime I called.....I got some other excuse as to why they hadn't shipped it yet. I think that the real culprit was that SuperChips was in the process of deleting the old inventory of 3815's and I got lucky enough to catch it at the right time. Autoanything could not fulfill the order so it got converted to the new model. Hell I am still waiting on my Volant from them, also.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:45 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

What is the need to change from the 3815 style to the 3865 style? They are both internet updateable and still will offer the same tunes right? What im trying to ask is.... I just got a 3815... what am I missing out on?

Old 03-20-2009, 05:46 PM
EKUSMC
Amateur

Allright, I know I'll have to read this hole thread, but I need to start looking for my next mods, now! I know this is a repeat question for you guys but I really just need some good advice, so be easy. I want the best or close to(practicle) the best for this Hemi. Now, I dont know the F*** difference between a programmer, chip, modular, whatever. I think the programmers are the best? I would like one that has a display, all the engines temps, info, change settings, hp, tq, fuel, etc...... I think the chips are just plugged in with no display or ability to change settings? Right? So please tell me some brands, and models to go with, or whats the best for these Hemi's. I know I could call Superchips, or one of the others, but I dont trust them, so I would like to hear here first hand from experience!! Do the tranny's hold up? I want to buy one now so POST away, thanks everyone! Oh and eventually, I will add headers, maybe intake, upgrade tranny, etc...

Old 03-20-2009, 06:03 PM
EKUSMC
Amateur

I posted my question to early! Iv'e read the first 6 pgs and I apoligize to SC for saying I dont trust companies. I am a Combat Vet and apprisiate the support from SuperChips, that seals the deal for me, unless of course members say otherwise from experience. Any info?

Old 03-21-2009, 12:10 AM
donjohnk
Veteran

OK, I got another ? for you superchip smart guys! Is it possible to use the programmer on 2 different dodges? Say my 2005 and my buddies 2003, we have same style just gearing is different. Is it possible?

Old 03-21-2009, 12:33 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by donjohnk
OK, I got another ? for you superchip smart guys! Is it possible to use the programmer on 2 different dodges? Say my 2005 and my buddies 2003, we have same style just gearing is different. Is it possible?
Only one truck can be programed at a time, but yes you can.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Superchips Tom
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by EKUSMC
I posted my question to early! Iv'e read the first 6 pgs and I apoligize to SC for saying I dont trust companies. I am a Combat Vet and apprisiate the support from SuperChips, that seals the deal for me, unless of course members say otherwise from experience. Any info?
Superchips believes you'll be delighted with your Dodge tuner. We offer a "holy $h!t or money back" guarantee if you're not thrilled with the performance and functionality.

Superchips appreciates your service to our country. We actively support those who sacrifice to keep us safe and free. For example, we offer a 'military and civil service discount' to any active or retired armed forces, law enforcement, fire/rescue, border patrol, and park rangers. Call our Customer Care team at 888.227.2447 to let them know your eligible and they can provide details.

Regards,

Tom Bennett
Division President
Superchips, Inc.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:01 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Superchips,

Any chance you might answer the only two questions I have posted in here?

POST 107
Originally Posted by pcfixerpro
I know this is in the 3rd gen forum... but any chance for a 93 octane tune for the 2nd gen trucks in the future?
POST 124
Originally Posted by pcfixerpro
What is the need to change from the 3815 style to the 3865 style? They are both internet updateable and still will offer the same tunes right? What im trying to ask is.... I just got a 3815... what am I missing out on?
Thanks,
Greg

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates