Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 12:20 AM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by taker24
Does the flashpaq keep my stock tune and then I just load that back into my truck? or how does it work?
Correct. The first time you tune, it reads and safely stores your stock tune. Any time you need to restore, you just tune back to stock.

Sil

Old 03-23-2009, 05:31 PM
donjohnk
Veteran

anyone know where you can get the new updated verson for cheap. autoanything has free overnight shipping but claims to still be selling the 3815... I would like to get the 3865... Just wonder if anyone has seen them for a good price...

Old 03-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Kebo
Professional

Originally Posted by donjohnk
anyone know where you can get the new updated verson for cheap. autoanything has free overnight shipping but claims to still be selling the 3815... I would like to get the 3865... Just wonder if anyone has seen them for a good price...
Well I can tell you that AutoAnything is not selling the 3815 anymore. I ordered mine two weeks ago and at the end of last week they changed it from the 3815 to the 3865 on my order page. Alas, I am still waiting for it to get here. Be warned, they don't carry inventory. They just drop ship from the manufacturer on everything you order. I am still waiting on my tuner and my Volant.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:23 PM
donjohnk
Veteran

Originally Posted by Kebo
Well I can tell you that AutoAnything is not selling the 3815 anymore. I ordered mine two weeks ago and at the end of last week they changed it from the 3815 to the 3865 on my order page. Alas, I am still waiting for it to get here. Be warned, they don't carry inventory. They just drop ship from the manufacturer on everything you order. I am still waiting on my tuner and my Volant.

so there overnight shipping is a crock? I just called autoanything and the guy told me they have the 3815 back in stock. but who knows, prolly just some drone reading instock on website and dont know his **** from his elbow.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a little update, I read today that the tb relearn is getting put off to the side and that the trans control options are going to be the next set of options released for us.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:03 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

any idea if these updates are actually going to happen or if its just rumors? i read the flashpaq forums every now and then and thats all i ever read is we are working on it !!!! i still love my sc just waiting and waiting for it to do more.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Kebo
Professional

Originally Posted by donjohnk
so there overnight shipping is a crock? I just called autoanything and the guy told me they have the 3815 back in stock. but who knows, prolly just some drone reading instock on website and dont know his **** from his elbow.
Well I wouldn't say that it is a crock, but I wouldn't expect to order it tomorrow and it to show up on Wed either. I am sure that once it gets ordered and sent to the manufacturer that yes, they will ship it according to what AutoAnything tells them. It's just getting to that point that sux!

Old 03-23-2009, 08:11 PM
taker24
Professional

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Correct. The first time you tune, it reads and safely stores your stock tune. Any time you need to restore, you just tune back to stock.
Thank you. Sounds simple enough.
I am glad I didn't order my flashpaq a couple weeks ago like I had planned. Even though the new 3865 isn't a major update from the 3815 I would have still been upset I didn't get the new version. Now I just have to wait for some places to get the new 3865 in stock.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nickahern1
any idea if these updates are actually going to happen or if its just rumors? i read the flashpaq forums every now and then and thats all i ever read is we are working on it !!!! i still love my sc just waiting and waiting for it to do more.
The info I posted is from Scott@superchips so I am sure they are going to happen and not just a rumor. As far ad when it is going to happen, it sounds like it might be a little while longer based on what I read.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:39 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Just a little update, I read today that the tb relearn is getting put off to the side and that the trans control options are going to be the next set of options released for us.
Thanks bud! Here's the text.

Originally Posted by Scott@SC
Here is an update guy's.

TB Relearn is being shelved for now until we can guarantee that it is 100%

That moves up Trans options that will have similar functions to our recent GM 6 speed release.

Jeep is just about done so the engineer can now forcus on this and more in greater depth at this time.

As I hear more specifics I will be sure to let you all know.

Scott

Just an FYI folks. I talked to the programmer last week. I will be beta testing, in the near future, one option and one highly requested adjustment to the transmission calibration.

Really can't say much more than that. Superchips is finishing up a shift point issue on the 4.7's and their work on Jeep. It's definitely moving along. Superchips owners will be pleased.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates