Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 09:18 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

right ok thats what i was thinking but wanted to check back.....and make sure....im loving the tune i found my sweet spot where it dont make that noise i cant go wot but i can go like 3/4-7/8 and its still pulling hard with out the noise so im happy i might just increase the shift points by a like 25-50 and see if its still good.....if not i retract them....

Old 01-20-2010, 09:42 AM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jusjay727
im loving the tune i found my sweet spot where it dont make that noise i cant go wot but i can go like 3/4-7/8 and its still pulling hard with out the noise so im happy i might just increase the shift points by a like 25-50 and see if its still good.....if not i retract them....
Great job bro!

Sil

Old 01-20-2010, 05:01 PM
whipkeysd
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will be getting a tuner soon and was just wondering if there are problems running the flex fuel in my 08 4.7 with the tuner. I don't recall ever seeing this come up and I was just curious.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:19 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

I was out enjoying my new exhaust sound today and found myself getting outrun from 1 light to another by a Saturn. Doesn't matter what model, it was a frickin Saturn.

So, I'm trying to educate myself a little bit about tuners and what they can do for me. I've been looking through this thread but I'm not sure when I'd ever have time for 167 pages. So, I'm hoping someone will help me out with what I could expect to get out of a tuner given what I have and what a tuner-noob like me might have to know or figure out to get such results.

My truck information is in my sig. The only thing I have that is not mentioned is a dropin K&N filter. I'd consider getting a CAI kit but really don't want to invest a lot of time or money under the hood otherwise. So, would a tuner be worth it? 5 or 6 times a year, I tow a 30 ft. RV trailer anywhere from 2 to 6 hours in each direction on trips and I'd love to be able to load a tune to maximize that experience. And then when I'm not towing, I'd like to be able to have the option of going for economy or for performance. But I have no idea at this point what is involved with doing that via a tuner. I've also seen posts about modifying shift points and pressures but I'm not sure what that's all about either. Is there some material I could read or search for specifically to learn more about the capabilities and pre-requisites to get these sorts of things? When I'm not towing, most of my driving is around town or highway trips an hour or two in either direction at the most. As a result, I have an almost 6 year old truck with only 65 thousand miles on it, and I'd like to be able to keep it for a lot longer. This is the first vehicle I have ever owned more than 3 years and the only one I've ever wanted to keep for as long as it will be reliable for me. So, any information anyone can give me or refer me to without a lot of searching and getting bits and pieces would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:43 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

honestly it sounds like you need a s/c tuner....it has settings for performance which runs 91 or higher octane, a tow and haul tune for towing, and a 87 tune for mileage...i am new to my tuner but what i have found out is that i get better gas mileage with the 91 perf. tune as long as i can keep my foot out of it....the shift points so far they are to maximize performance at close to and wot positions....now there will be new features coming out soon that i have heard are the cats meow...so hopefully soon....if i am wrong about any of this info somebody correct me...cause i am still new to mine....but i know im damn close....good luck buddy but s/c is prolly a good place to start for your tuner....i dont think you need any other....

Old 01-24-2010, 02:02 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

What's the main advantage of the cortex over the flashpaq?

Old 01-24-2010, 02:37 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

that it can be used on other vehicles other than a ram...ie chargers, challengers. 300c...other hemis and 4.7s....it also has a trans warranty for vehicles under 70 or 75k if i remember right....

Old 01-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by 04HemiGreg
What's the main advantage of the cortex over the flashpaq?
The main advantage is that the cortex can be used on more than one model of vehicle while a flashpaq is model specific. Other than that, all tuning option are the same.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:27 AM
Marx
Record Breaker

If i get used Superchips Flashpaq Tuners 5.7L Hemi #3825 and upgrade it will i get the most recent features?

Old 01-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Marx, the 3825 only tunes Dodge cars.

If you want all of the current options, the ability to tune gas cars, trucks, or Diesel trucks with one programmer, and if you plan to take advantage of the next generation transmission tuning we are going to be releasing here soon then go with either the 3950 Cortex or the 3865 Flashpaq.

Scott

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates