Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Ron69697
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys so after reading i think im going to go with the Superchips 3865 flashpaq but now im just stuck on what would be the best CAI to go with it anyone got any ideas? i was thinking about going with a "2002-2007 Ram 1500 4.7 Volant Cold Air Intake" but honestly i cant even tell whats better with all these brands trying to compete with each other...other than that i had some thoughts about K&N but i dont know i feel like i cant trust the markets these days so id rather go with personal prefferances bc they dont have to make money by recommending the best CAI with the SC product. Any takers?

FYI i got a 2005 4.7L with 2chamber dual exhaust flowmasters

ANY HELP AT ALL will be GREATLY appreciated

Old 01-26-2010, 08:31 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Ron69697
Hey guys so after reading i think im going to go with the Superchips 3865 flashpaq but now im just stuck on what would be the best CAI to go with it anyone got any ideas? i was thinking about going with a "2002-2007 Ram 1500 4.7 Volant Cold Air Intake" but honestly i cant even tell whats better with all these brands trying to compete with each other...other than that i had some thoughts about K&N but i dont know i feel like i cant trust the markets these days so id rather go with personal prefferances bc they dont have to make money by recommending the best CAI with the SC product. Any takers?

FYI i got a 2005 4.7L with 2chamber dual exhaust flowmasters

ANY HELP AT ALL will be GREATLY appreciated
You can save some money for other mods and go with the Airaid MIT. It replaces the Hemi hat. You keep your stock airbox. I've run this on my 2004 and 2008.

Sil

Old 01-26-2010, 08:48 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or you can run this...i run it and it works great just replace filter with a k&n or a aem dryflow....or your choice just use a better filter...i have been using the one that comes with it for 6mths and it works good but im def upgrading soon....
http://cpwstore.carpartswholesale.co...S-V218205.html

Old 01-26-2010, 09:00 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

Sil, what's that airraid setup run and what are the realistic gains in terms of numbers? I saw something called an airaid junior, is that what that is? Just wondering what it gives you over stock vs. a true CAI?

Old 01-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Ron69697

ohhh i c well...im not really to good at modding up stuff myself lol i dont want to risk messing anything up in my truck so idk id probably take it to get it professionally done but the voretx is goin to tack on and increase performance up to 18 horsepower and 40 pounds of torque "as they say" i just want whats going to be best of the best for my truck bc im only gettin the SC3865 and now im just tryin to find the best cai and then thats going to be pretty much the end of my modding spree so i want the max power i can get out of it bc i aint getting anything done to the engine(if im goin to spend 300$ i hope its the best 300$ ima spend) and it looks like itll look badass underneath my hood and with these aftermarket cai's do i have to change a filter? or something every so and so miles? i hope not bc then i dont think it will be to easy to find a filter for that son of a gun...

Old 01-26-2010, 09:28 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by 04HemiGreg
Sil, what's that airraid setup run and what are the realistic gains in terms of numbers? I saw something called an airaid junior, is that what that is? Just wondering what it gives you over stock vs. a true CAI?
With my setup, I relocated the IAT sensor to top of the stock box. Better there to avoid heat soak. I also like the fact you keep the stock box. I'm not a fan of the filter being exposed.

Had this setup on my 2004 and now 2008. Truck is more responsive.

Sil

Old 01-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Stormin264
Professional

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
With my setup, I relocated the IAT sensor to top of the stock box. Better there to avoid heat soak. I also like the fact you keep the stock box. I'm not a fan of the filter being exposed.

Had this setup on my 2004 and now 2008. Truck is more responsive.

Sil
Sil, I have the same setup with the MIT and the stock box with a K&N drop-in filter...not to mention the Cortex and the Aero. Anyways, what benefit did relocating the IAT thing do and how did you do it? thanks

Old 01-26-2010, 10:37 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Stormin264
Sil, I have the same setup with the MIT and the stock box with a K&N drop-in filter...not to mention the Cortex and the Aero. Anyways, what benefit did relocating the IAT thing do and how did you do it? thanks
The quote below is by a long time Dodge Dyno Tech:

What I noticed on my Hemi is that the stock Hemi hat/resonator gets considerably heat soaked in stop and go traffic. When I was viewing the inlet air temperature (IAT) sensor reading on a engineering or dealer scan tool the stock Hemi hat IAT sensor location took considerably longer to cool off once you got moving again where as the location about 2" from the entrance to the air cleaner box cooled off almost immediately once you started moving again. This is a small but definite advantage IMO.

I think this is more of a throttle recovery mod. I just know my truck is responsive always with this setup and that's what I like.

Sil

Old 01-27-2010, 12:37 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

yeah I use the same airaid setup as well. I don't like the exposed filter either, just not willing to take that chance. I also use a Jetscope

Old 01-27-2010, 05:01 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

with a good filter that is re-usable you don't need to replace...my k&n will go on mine soon and im not worried about mine be "exposed" because i don't off-road my truck...but ron if you get a intake a 3865 and do that exhaust you'll be pleased with the 4.7 after.... it def helps out...thats what i have and i have done...well i also have a homemade powerwire...and the one in the link is just as good as any other intake its a mopar knock off exact copy....and its less expensive so you get more money to put towards something else....(exhaust)....cause once you open up the breather you need to help it exhale more too....if not itll be a lil restrictive

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates