Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:11 PM
Ron69697
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jusjay727
with a good filter that is re-usable you don't need to replace...my k&n will go on mine soon and im not worried about mine be "exposed" because i don't off-road my truck...but ron if you get a intake a 3865 and do that exhaust you'll be pleased with the 4.7 after.... it def helps out...thats what i have and i have done...well i also have a homemade powerwire...and the one in the link is just as good as any other intake its a mopar knock off exact copy....and its less expensive so you get more money to put towards something else....(exhaust)....cause once you open up the breather you need to help it exhale more too....if not itll be a lil restrictive

hmmmmm u live in GA? lol cuz i could just pay u to do this **** for me haha.

But wait hold up what do u mean about exhaust and helping it exhale more cuz i got dual straights 2 chamber flowmasters isnt that open enough? or are you saying i need to chop the duals and 3 1/2tips i just got a week ago off and do a catbak? cuz if so FOOOOK!!!!!!!! i just spent like 350 on that ****

Old 01-27-2010, 09:08 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no not at all i didnt know you had your exhaust done from the pic it didnt look as if it was done....so your fine add the s/c 3865 with a intake of your choice and youll be good youll love it more....i just suggest that one to everyone who has a 4.7l cause its less expensive and works excellent....good luck if you need more help from me pm me please so we can keep this to a s/c thread talk thanks buddy....

Old 01-28-2010, 02:36 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Earlier I said...

Originally Posted by mschuster
I'll give a bit of feedback on my testing today.

Most of my testing has been with 91 Perf and running 93 octane and I must admit this combo give the best seat-of-the-pants feel. With winter fuel, the cold snap (0 to 25degF) and my 2500 moose, my mileage has averaged just about 11.5MPG - that's about 1MPG less than normal.

Today I played with the other three tunes...

Mileage XS; shift points are crisp (I have TM set at 10%) but after 91 Perf, the get-up-and-go, got-up-and-went. That's to be expected though and, I didn't run it enough to estimate MPG.

Tow Tune: shifts are crisp and power is there when needed. Still not as good as 91 Perf. and, I didn't run it enough to estimate MPG.

87 Octane; shifts are crisp and power can be acquired with additional throttle. I didn't run it enough to estimate MPG however, I'm going to leave it at 87 Oct until I can get a tank-and-a-half of 87 fuel run through it to see what MPG I get.

More to come...
Well, I've finished my testing with 87 Octane and my final mileage was 10.8MPG with 87 Tune and 87 Octane. This is a drop of .7MPG from previous test with 91 Perf and 93 Octane. I attribute this drop in MPG to the fact I had to apply more throttle to keep my truck in the power band - thus burning more fuel.

I filled up with 93 Octane and re-tuned to 91 Perf. and my mileage has already returned to 11.5MPG - of course YMMV.

With the latest changes to my shift schedule, I'm seeing about .3MPG increase in mileage. Not bad for a moose! Up from 11.5 to 11.8MPG and remember, we're still on winter fuel. This morning the overhead console reads 12.0MPG. I guess I'm doing something right.

Name:  ShiftSchedule-8.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  35.2 KB

Old 01-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Ron69697

Originally Posted by jusjay727
no not at all i didnt know you had your exhaust done from the pic it didnt look as if it was done....so your fine add the s/c 3865 with a intake of your choice and youll be good youll love it more....i just suggest that one to everyone who has a 4.7l cause its less expensive and works excellent....good luck if you need more help from me pm me please so we can keep this to a s/c thread talk thanks buddy....

hell yea man thats an old pic from the 1st day i got it. But yea the superchips 3865 is def what ima go with thanks man

Old 01-29-2010, 05:17 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

OK well i just put a new shift schedule on my truck. It is really responsive and pulls even harder. Heres a quick video but go easy on my it has been raining so i could get all the way on it but you will get the picture. Truck is a beast now

Old 01-30-2010, 10:40 AM
jk360
Veteran

Hey guys, i have an 03 1500 with the 5.7 and Im thinking of ordering a tuner(3865). i called a local shop and they can have it for me on monday for $340. Before i go ahead with this i just want a few opinions... I have a 3" body lift running 35's, a DIY intake, a flowmaster exhaust, a "power wire," and the TMR delete mod. i normally run 87, but every 3-5 fill-ups i do 91 or 93. besides fixing my speedo with the bigger tires, what other performance upgrades will this give me and is it worth the $340? i was gonna use that money for 3" torsion keys and an add-a-leaf to gain a few more inches of lift, but if the tuner is worth it id do that first.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:45 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

You can buy it from Moes Performance for about 305 shipped

Old 01-30-2010, 01:56 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

yeah buy it at moesperformance.com its cheaper you dont need a shop to install it or do anything with it....its real simple...

Old 01-30-2010, 02:20 PM
jk360
Veteran

im picking it up monday from a local shop for 340.. its 35 more but i dont have patients to wait for delivery

Old 01-30-2010, 05:32 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Here's some feedback from our newest beta tester. He has a 2006 Dodge Ram Hemi. He posts on another forum. I'm sharing it here.

Alright really started to tear into it now. I used Scott's 4.56 gear schedules as my base and built off that. I suggest to anyone that what they should do when they start off because seeing all these numbers is really over whelming at first. Starting to get the hang of it now but their is a learning curve! I really want to tweak on it more but its flipping cold out (Now 3*). Its just not fun sitting in a cold truck waiting for the program to load! The down shifts are wicked fast and that's awesome. Its kinda like driving a manual transmission. If you want the truck to shift at that speed it will shift at that speed! My hats off to you guys! Plus the up shifts are so hard I have my TM at 8.8 I don't know if I would want any less. Plus last night driving home I was getting on the highway driving about 20 mph decided to stand on the pedal and the truck instantly broke loose. Yeah its not to surprising being its cold out but it still really caught me off guard usually the truck hooks up and goes. I am certain that would not have happened before! When I came into this I really did not think it was going to be that great I just thought everyone is blowing this out of proportion, but I promise you we are not! Sorry for the story I just wrote. Its got me all worked up. Think I need a cigarette now

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates