Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 07:19 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raden
Still haven't gotten mine either. Makes me wish I had ordered it from somewhere I've ordered from before, saving a few bucks isn't worth the worry or hassle.

Ok just called and they said it had been out of stock at the warehouse and shipped today, don't know if I believe them or not.
Got mine around noon, didn't you order yours before me? Maybe they used a different warehouse for your order? I hate waiting for stuff.. Good luck....

Old 08-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Raden
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
Got mine around noon, didn't you order yours before me? Maybe they used a different warehouse for your order? I hate waiting for stuff.. Good luck....

Sounds like my luck... which one did you order? I ordered the cortex

Old 08-06-2010, 09:50 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by Raden
Sounds like my luck... which one did you order? I ordered the cortex
I ordered the SC3865. Hopefully I'll get everything sorted soon and have the truck back where I was before screwing the Diablo. The only thing positive will be that I'll be able to compare the two power wise.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:51 PM
tattoo-dragon

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
I have just had my dealer reflash my PCM on my 03 and they charge $30 per item. Meaning $30 for the PCM and another $30 for ABS reset.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info. Just gotta find time to get down there.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:55 PM
xtremekramer
Rookie

Redtruck let me know what you think. I switched. Tend to think the Diablo was feels better. Seemed to be getting considerably better gas milage with it as well. All the issues I was reading about people having, your comments, and the lack of the support people were getting kinda worried me a bit. Decided to try out the super chips. I like the full trans options with the sc (diablo had most of them but not all for the 08s). My hope is with all these trans settings that i can get it close to what i was getting out of the diablo and maybe gain back some of the gas milage that i lost by switching. However, the ease of mind seams to almost be worth the difference in performance since it is still way better than stock!

Old 08-07-2010, 11:31 AM
CAPTJOE

OK Scott at superchips I am looking for the Cortex,and I have 2 trucks and looking at a 3 rd,,1997 1500 dodge,,2004 1500 hemi,,and the new on 2009 diesel dodge. The Cortex will program all 3 right from the factory???

Old 08-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Originally Posted by CAPTJOE
OK Scott at superchips I am looking for the Cortex,and I have 2 trucks and looking at a 3 rd,,1997 1500 dodge,,2004 1500 hemi,,and the new on 2009 diesel dodge. The Cortex will program all 3 right from the factory???
It won't program the '97. Superchips coverage starts at '98. The cortex should cover the other 2 but if you didn't already know, it only programs one vehicle at a time.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:17 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Ok guys, seems I am in a bit of a jam. Got the new SC 3865 updated ready to install, but only get an statement saying "vehicle needs factory update". This would be no big deal except I had my PCM reflashed last Monday at the dealer. Now what do I do? I'll have to assume the dealer didn't fully install the update and has screwed up my PCM setting. This has me thinking that perhaps all dealers are not able to properly work on the 2003 model. The dealer is suppose to call me Monday morning, along with Jason from SC. Has anyone had a problem similar to this?
Thanks,

Old 08-07-2010, 09:08 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

mostly dsp users bc diablow really never clears itself from the pcm from what ive read

Old 08-07-2010, 10:57 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
mostly dsp users bc diablow really never clears itself from the pcm from what ive read
That's not encouraging. Is there a way to reformat the PCM for a better term? I have reflashed the PCM two times and the dealer tells me it is elocked and they are unable to update the version number. Does this sound right or are they blowing smoke. I don't know if the dealer is just not capable of working with an 03 or has Diablo indeed elocked my PCM. Who do I believe? Anyone with experience with this please pitch in.
Thanks,

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates