Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 09:46 AM
retread225j
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are there any safeguards built into 3950 cortex tuner for o6 dodge diesel?

Old 05-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Rexfan
Amateur

Originally Posted by 88dragzilla
I took the tune out of the truck. turned off all windows Vista firewall's and still nothing..

At one time an error screen came up saying something about No ping detected????

Then the same ListDevices Failed.

When I connect the tuner it seems like the computer is trying to do something b/c the mouse arrow turns into that little loading symbol. It does it for awhile, so I click back on the superchips update screen. Then in that same window up at the top left it says SuperchipsXP(Not Responding)

Some one please help me....

3815 tuner s/n 1384705 mfg date: 4/2/2008
My truck is an 05 so I was pretty sure there would be no new updates. I purchased a new 3865. I also use a MAC computer. Anyway, I plugged my tuner into my truck and followed the instructions. I was able to upload the SC tunes. Superchips told me if I try to tune my truck before updating my SC that I would get a message saying something like "new updates available" or "your update was a success". You could try it this way and see what happens? You could also try a friends windows based computer. It's would be the easiest thing to do.

I finally found a Windows based computer and did update my SC 3865.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:16 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by Rexfan
My truck is an 05 so I was pretty sure there would be no new updates. I purchased a new 3865. I also use a MAC computer. Anyway, I plugged my tuner into my truck and followed the instructions. I was able to upload the SC tunes. Superchips told me if I try to tune my truck before updating my SC that I would get a message saying something like "new updates available" or "your update was a success". You could try it this way and see what happens? You could also try a friends windows based computer. It's would be the easiest thing to do.

I finally found a Windows based computer and did update my SC 3865.
I believe there's a Windoze emulator for the MAC. Here's a link to the Open Source (FREE) http://www.winehq.org/ emulator. I don't have a MAC but I may try it on my Linux system.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:57 PM
88dragzilla

I tried running as an admin. Seems when I right clicked there was no tab for "run as admin". On the right click window I opened properties. Then advanced. But "run as admin" was grayed out. Like I couldn't click on it.

I'm getting really irritated. Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing. On a good note. I changed my tune from 87 and getting 11.8-12.0 MPg. The 12 was when I was babying the throttle. I swapped the tune to 91 and am getting 12.0 flat around town. I changed the plugs around March 4th. And went to baton rouge for mardis gras. On the way back it was reading 15-15.3mpg. Going around 60. Boy that was nice....

Old 05-22-2011, 03:49 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

...On the way back it was reading 15-15.3mpg. Going around 60. Boy that was nice....

My truck likes to run at 60 as well. I can get around 13.0-13.3 and that's with a heavy truck.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Rich 2500
Veteran

I tried running as an admin. Seems when I right clicked there was no tab for "run as admin". On the right click window I opened properties. Then advanced. But "run as admin" was grayed out. Like I couldn't click on it.
Can you find a friend or family member running Windows XP?

Old 05-23-2011, 01:13 PM
JerzyJayRo
Amateur

07 1500 qc w/ hemi

what should my cold/warm idle be at?

Old 05-23-2011, 01:45 PM
rgraider

I'm getting really irritated. Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing. On a good note. I changed my tune from 87 and getting 11.8-12.0 MPg. The 12 was when I was babying the throttle. I swapped the tune to 91 and am getting 12.0 flat around town. I changed the plugs around March 4th. And went to baton rouge for mardis gras. On the way back it was reading 15-15.3mpg. Going around 60. Boy that was nice....

hold down "shift" then right click. should see run as admin

Old 05-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Hoosier BigHorn
Rookie

Anybody had a chance to look at my post regarding shift schedules when towing? It's at the bottom of page 301, so it's probably easy to overlook. Not trying to be pushy or anything, I have another camping trip coming up soon so I'd like to get it ironed out before then. Thanks!

Old 05-27-2011, 01:06 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by Hoosier BigHorn
I was pulling my camper with the tow tune for the first time this weekend and when I was cruising on the highway at 70mph my rpm's were around 2800. I know it still had another gear to shift up to because I took it up to 80 just to see what it would do and sure enough it upshifted and my rev's dropped to around 2200, but I had to maintain a speed of between 75-80 to keep the rev's low. I'm not very comfortable pulling a 5000 lb camper at 80mph, especially when the conditions are rainy like they were this weekend and I have my pregnant wife and 2 year old son with me.

2800 rpm's seems high to me and I know I was sucking some gas - averaged about 9.5mpg over the weekend. I didn't pay for the advanced trans option - can I still change shift schedules? And what should I change them to?
I'd guess at 2800 you're still in third and at 2200 you've shifted into 4th...I don't think it would be 4th and 5th respectively???

Does your truck have an OD Off or Tow/Haul button? For '07+ OD Off disables 4 AND 5th gears; Tow/Haul disables 5 gear only. I don't tow heavy trailers without using the Tow Tune and either tow/haul or OD Off enabled. 4th and 5th gears are weak and may not take the abuse besides I hate the down-up shifting that takes place a lot.

Without having the Advanced Trans Upgrade you cannot change the shift schedules so your options are limited; tune to tow tune, enable tow/haul button. You may see Shift Schedule but your options are Stock or Superchips. You could try Superchips to see if that's any better. Set BOTH Shift Schedule AND OD Off Shift Schedule the same.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates