Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 11:28 PM
TheZunk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips 3815

New to the forum and new to Superchips. Without searching thru 315 pages of Q/A is it possible to buy a used tuner? Will they work on another Ram or are they slaved to the initial user? I just want MDS off and it seems like this is the only feasible way. Thanks

Old 10-27-2011, 12:37 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by TheZunk
New to the forum and new to Superchips. Without searching thru 315 pages of Q/A is it possible to buy a used tuner? Will they work on another Ram or are they slaved to the initial user? I just want MDS off and it seems like this is the only feasible way. Thanks
You can purchase a used tuner - I'd recommend the Flashpaq 3865 - and use it on another truck; PROVIDED the seller has returned his truck to Stock. If the tuner is VIN locked (tuned to another vehicle) you will have to spend an additional $100USD to Superchips to have it unlocked.

Before laying down any money, be sure to ask the seller if the tuner is unlocked - has returned his truck to stock - and also get the serial # - found on the back of the tuner. With the serial #, call SC at 1-888-227-2447 tell them you're looking to purchase a used tuner and want to know if the tuner is reported stolen. If it is stolen you will end up with an expensive paper weight as the tuner will be rendered inoperable. Buyer beware...

FYI---
Unlike Ford and GM tuners where you can purchase a second tune, the Dodge tuner can be used on only ONE truck at a time - this is due to the enormous size of the base code Chrysler uses to inhibit third party vendors from changing the tunes. You can return truck 1 back to STOCK and then tune truck 2. However, the Advanced Trans Upgrade is VIN locked to only one truck and cannot be transferred. To move the Advanced Trans to another truck, you must purchase the upgrade again ($39.95USD).

See page 313, post 3125 by dirtydog for a link to a compilation of notes and additional links about the Advanced Trans Upgrade - everything in a single thread.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:21 PM
TheZunk

Originally Posted by MDSBigPaPa
You can purchase a used tuner - I'd recommend the Flashpaq 3865 - and use it on another truck; PROVIDED the seller has returned his truck to Stock. If the tuner is VIN locked (tuned to another vehicle) you will have to spend an additional $100USD to Superchips to have it unlocked.

See page 313, post 3125 by dirtydog for a link to a compilation of notes and additional links about the Advanced Trans Upgrade - everything in a single thread.
Thanks for the awesome info.... I didn't realize the 3865 was cheaper than I thought. Sounds like a plan. It will kill MDS right?

Old 10-27-2011, 05:43 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Thanks for the awesome info.... I didn't realize the 3865 was cheaper than I thought. Sounds like a plan. It will kill MDS right?
Oh yes, and a whole lot more.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:37 PM
pitbull24
Veteran

You will have far too much temptation to do more than just disable MDS. And you will receive much enjoyment as you learn what can be done, and feel the results.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Duroc
Professional

Originally Posted by pitbull24
You will have far too much temptation to do more than just disable MDS. And you will receive much enjoyment as you learn what can be done, and feel the results.
True that. My plan at first was to just disable MDS as my at3030 at the time sounded terrible when MDS activated. Now 91 tune, adjusted tire size, MDS off and Trans tuning. Couldn't go back, no way.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:18 PM
TheZunk

Originally Posted by Duroc
True that. My plan at first was to just disable MDS as my at3030 at the time sounded terrible when MDS activated. Now 91 tune, adjusted tire size, MDS off and Trans tuning. Couldn't go back, no way.
I never pondered the addictive potential.... I may be in trouble...lol

Old 10-28-2011, 11:43 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

I never pondered the addictive potential.... I may be in trouble...lol
Yes, yes you will...

Old 11-14-2011, 01:32 AM
SpiceeMeetball
Amateur

I just got my s/c programmer 3865. Never used one before so I am learning on the run. I do have a couple questions........How do I turn off the MDS feature and where can I program line pressure for the tranny shifts? Or are both of those taken care of in the 91 or 93 tune?

Old 11-14-2011, 06:07 AM
Fav40
Professional

You need to go to "Advanced Tune" > Settings > Disable MDS

Line pressure I haven't played with but it's under Adv tune as well

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates