Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 12:36 PM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cdhjrezrider
I have got past code E-31 by holding the key almost to where it will start the engine, now it's stuck in recovery mode, when it goes though the key sequence, it gives me a code G-5B, the tuner has been updated, it is vin locked to my vin number, any ideas?
It could be a low battery as well. Check this thread here: https://www.superchips.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5998

At this point, I would contact Superchips and work with them. Good luck!

Old 02-20-2012, 08:38 PM
cdhjrezrider
Exclamation Superchips code

Not a low battery, had a jump box hooked up and volt meter showing 13.54 at the link connecter, also I have no after market alarms or any other kind of idem. I have been calling SC and working with the CSR's, they have uploaded the files and said that nothing is wrong with the programer that the problem is in my Truck!?
Originally Posted by SilsHemi
It could be a low battery as well. Check this thread here: https://www.superchips.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5998

At this point, I would contact Superchips and work with them. Good luck!

Old 02-21-2012, 12:22 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by cdhjrezrider
Not a low battery, had a jump box hooked up and volt meter showing 13.54 at the link connecter, also I have no after market alarms or any other kind of idem. I have been calling SC and working with the CSR's, they have uploaded the files and said that nothing is wrong with the programer that the problem is in my Truck!?
Normally the code you mentioned has to do with key position. I don't know what to tell you at this point. Keep working on it with Superchips technical support and see if they can resolve. Good luck!

Old 02-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

Does Superchips view this thread anymore, or do I have to go and join their forum too for my technical queries?

Old 02-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Sorry for taking so long to reply to your inquiry. For some reason I didn't get an email from the site detailing your question. Thankfully I was checking in on a few threads and noticed it.

To answer your question, if the TCM provides trans temp data then DAQ will display it for you to monitor. That being said it wouldn't hurt to give customer service a call at 888-227-2447 to verify that there isn't an issue since the option shows up minus the data.

Scott

Originally Posted by Brandon Anderson
Does Superchips view this thread anymore, or do I have to go and join their forum too for my technical queries?

Old 02-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
Sorry for taking so long to reply to your inquiry. For some reason I didn't get an email from the site detailing your question. Thankfully I was checking in on a few threads and noticed it.

To answer your question, if the TCM provides trans temp data then DAQ will display it for you to monitor. That being said it wouldn't hurt to give customer service a call at 888-227-2447 to verify that there isn't an issue since the option shows up minus the data.

Scott
Thanks for the reply. I just figured if the option was there under NVK4 then it would provide a reading. I really don't want to have to install an aux gauge just to read the trans temp when I know the reading is flying around in the computer anyhow. I'll try and call that number when I get off work. Looking forward to the new VIVID LINQ BTW, can't wait for the release.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:22 AM
CanadianWR450
Amateur
Default Best 3865 tune to get low end torque and compensate for bigger tires?

Hey there. New to forum, and also just got my first RAM. It's a 08 2500 with the 5.7.

I have a Flashpaq 3865, but have not been able to use it yet. When I got the truck (Lease return from Dealer...) I had the use Starscan to set the truck to "Export" so I can have my fog lights on with the high beams. It appears they also flashed the truck to the latest greatest version as well though, and I'm waiting for SC to write a new program for me...

LOVE the truck, and while I think the Hemi is a awesome muscle car or sport truck engine (It goes if you get into it and make it go), I actually find it lacking in the down low torque dept. which is a big thing in these big ol trucks (I'm coming over from the hard core Jeep world where I just LOVED the 4.0's torque off bottom). Truck has 33's on it now, and 3.73 gears...I plan on going to 34's. Would LOVE 4.56's, but that not happening anytime soon.

What everyone running for a tune to get the best low end grunt out of these 2500's and the hemi with the superchips? The 91 perf.?
Looking for torque between idle and 1,500 ish and of course...fuel savings would be nice! The crappy stock tranny tuning could also be part of the "unimpressive" off idle grunt to these trucks too.....

Old 02-26-2012, 03:49 PM
NSASarge
Amateur
Default Is the Superchips 3865 Engine Flashpaq right for me?

I have a used 2008 Big Horn Club Cab 5.7 Hemi MDS 4x2 auto 545RFE. I bought the truck a year ago with about 75k on it. I had a full transmission drain and refill and 2-new filters done a month ago. I use Amsoil in the rear end and engine. I have a K&N air filter installed. I bought the Sonnax Line Pressure Booster and installed it. Spark plugs need to be changed soon.

Here is my problem..When traveling on a flat road at 55 MPH the transmission seems to "hunt" or go in and out of lock-up (overdrive). The outside temperature is 60-70F and the truck is full warmed up. I know the truck is capable of delivering more MPG if the transmission would simply STAY in lock-up. My daily commute is 50 miles each way (100 per day). I'm NOT looking for wheel spinning POWER. What I want is the best mileage I can get out of it.

I have done some reading in this part of the forum and get more and more confused. (Could be I'm getting old too!) From what I have read, the Superchips 3865 Engine Flashpaq is what I'm looking for, I think. Will this allow me to make adjustments to meet what I'm looking for? Are there recommended settings for different applications such as MPG, towing, power etc... ALSO … I know that this item is sold NEW by several outfits on the internet such as EBay at a significantly reduced price. I can also buy it from a local dealer. Do you offer a discount here on the forum? What about a military discount?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Old 02-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

Originally Posted by Brandon Anderson
Thanks for the reply. I just figured if the option was there under NVK4 then it would provide a reading. I really don't want to have to install an aux gauge just to read the trans temp when I know the reading is flying around in the computer anyhow. I'll try and call that number when I get off work. Looking forward to the new VIVID LINQ BTW, can't wait for the release.
So while the SC tech staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, I have to say that their hours make them pretty difficult to get a hold of if you don't live in EST. Just figured that was worth mentioning. For anyone interested, Superchips cannot display transmission temperature on any Mopar vehicle with the exception of a certain Jeep Wrangler, the particulars of which I wasn't really paying attention to. This includes all of their programmers, to include the new VIVID. Bummer

Old 02-29-2012, 09:30 PM
pitbull24
Veteran

Looking for SC Vivid clarification:

A Bluetooth device/adapter is required to be plugged into the OBD II port at all times, correct?

Are OBD II port splitters able to be used for two devices operating simultaneously? i.e. AI gauge & Vivid

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates