Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 11:49 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoltenRAMer
I used another USB port. I try to update at a minimum once a month, so when the error codes came up, I got a little nervous...I have not had one issue with this excellent product and am not real computer savy...but your guidance was spot on. So this is an issue that SC is aware of and working on? Just asking out of curiosity.
Yes, they're working on the problem but, they don't have a fix just yet.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Thanks for stepping in and helping Mark! You are a great resource here.

Scott

Old 09-22-2011, 02:21 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

This is a temporary workaround for the current updater issue.

1) If you want the trans options and can't wait, follow step 1 below. You will need to ask the Superchips representative for a trans tuning waiver form.

2) If you just want to update your tuner, follow step 2 below.

1) To get the trans options under an RA, call in (407-585-7000 or 1-888-227-2447) for an RA, the tuner must be locked / tuned to the vehicle. We will require a signed waiver. We will charge what $39.95 minus the cost of inbound shipping. We will need a copy of the inbound shipping receipt to accompany the tuner. We will ship the tuner back to the customer Fed Ex ground no charge. i.e. $39.95 minus $12.50 equals $27.45 charged to the customers CC.

2) Follow the outlined driver removal instructions: Login to Superchips Easy Update. Connect the tuner. Key Exchange error appears, close Superchips easy update. Click the Start button, right click My Computer and select Manage then click on Device Manager (Device Manager may be different for OS’s other than XP). With the tuner plugged in, expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers" and scroll down to "USB Programmer", right click it and select Properties. In the Driver tab select "Uninstall Driver." You will be asked to reboot your machine. Reboot it and start the Easy Updater software then plug in your tuner. You will see "New Hardware found" and "Installing Drivers." The Easy Updater should then rescan your tuner and proceed with the update. Again upon the completion of the initial update you will again receive the two Key Exchange Errors. Not to worry, the tuner did receive the required update and you can ignore the key exchange errors.

Thanks!

Old 09-26-2011, 06:16 PM
BadHazard
Professional
Default Superchip / reset question

Well I just got my superchip installed. I don't know if it has the advanced transmission setting or not. I went into the transmission setting and selected "Superchip Setting" for upshift @ WOT

If im at a stop light and just get on it a little bit I can totally feel a big difference. However; if I try to break my tires loose (hold break and press gas at same time), I cant. My 0-60times seem to be the same. Im running 91 tune and have a full tank of 91octo. I didn't reset my pcm after the install.

Should I do this to get the full effect? If so how do you reset it? Unplug the negative battery cable and touch it to the body of the truck?

Note: I have 3;55 gears, might have something to do with it.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:14 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BadHazard
Well I just got my superchip installed. I don't know if it has the advanced transmission setting or not. I went into the transmission setting and selected "Superchip Setting" for upshift @ WOT

If im at a stop light and just get on it a little bit I can totally feel a big difference. However; if I try to break my tires loose (hold break and press gas at same time), I cant. My 0-60times seem to be the same. Im running 91 tune and have a full tank of 91octo. I didn't reset my pcm after the install.

Should I do this to get the full effect? If so how do you reset it? Unplug the negative battery cable and touch it to the body of the truck?

Note: I have 3;55 gears, might have something to do with it.
Trans tuning is aditional expense. $40 I think?
PCM reset..yes as your trans learns your habits.
I suggest reading through THIS thread I created as it's almost everything you need to know. There's alot to take in and it's a little confusing, so spend time and read thoroughly.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:42 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I suggest reading through THIS thread I created as it's almost everything you need to know. There's a lot to take in and it's a little confusing, so spend time and read thoroughly.
Rich, WOW! I just read through your compilation thread of Superchips trans tuning and cannot believe just how much information is contained there. GREAT JOB! And it's right there in one place so the folks don't have to read through the 300+ pages in this thread.

If you don't mind, I'm going to add the link in my signature. If only I could..

Old 09-27-2011, 01:38 AM
shrimp_2
Rookie

i never read anywhere that you should reset your PCM.. I've had my programmer for about a month; so should i reset mine or is it fine? if needed to, how do i reset my PCM? thanks guys

Old 09-27-2011, 10:05 AM
BadHazard
Professional

So i did some dataloging

Something is wrong. Here are my 0-60times

9.21 every single time. with and without O/D. When i manual shift it was 9.57

I cant remember exact number but 0-50 was 6.??

What gives? Ideas?? This was with 91 tune

Old 09-28-2011, 12:15 AM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by shrimp_2
i never read anywhere that you should reset your PCM.. I've had my programmer for about a month; so should i reset mine or is it fine? if needed to, how do i reset my PCM? thanks guys
There are several threads on Dodge Talk, DodgeForum and Hemitruckclub that discuss resetting your PCM. The best way, from what I've read and experience, is to disconnect the POSITIVE (+) battery cable and ground it to a good ground for 30 seconds. This discharges the capacitors that hold the charge to retain the learned data and force the PCM to re-learn your driving habits all over again.

Do you HAVE to reset your PCM? No. But it will take a LOT longer for it to discover any engine mods such as: cleaning the throttle body, new plugs, new CAI or CAT back exhaust.

Will it hurt to reset it? No there as well. About the ONLY thing you will have to do is reset the time on your radio.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:36 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I suggest reading through THIS thread I created as it's almost everything you need to know. There's alot to take in and it's a little confusing, so spend time and read thoroughly.
That's one heck of a thread there Rich. Well done man!

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates