Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 05:34 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by klruff1
OK, got my Flashpaq 3865, installed the 91 tune and SC trans tune, loved the performance, but kept reading about the user trans tuning option, so I went ahead and upgraded my unit. I installed "Scotts 2005 Shift Schedule", and found it a little too agressive (winding gears and downshifts too much/often), so I switched it to "Scott's 05 Less Agressive" schedule with some minor tweaks. I have a few questions:

1. Shifting seems nice, but the shifts seem much more snappy then they used too be. Is that part of the tune?

2. I notice a clunk type of feel/noise when slowing down, off the gas coming to a stop, it seems to happen when the trans shifts from 2nd gear to 1st, is that normal? Never had that feeling with the stock or Superchips trans tune.

3. What is the torque management feature and is there a schedule to adjust it? I think I read that the less the number, the quicker the shift (snappy shifts), but didn't want to mess with it until I knew what to set it to, didn't see anything about it with the trans schedules I printed out.

Thanks for any info/advice.
Cant believe people still dont know about my Superchips Thread Compilation that combines the "good stuff" from over 3,000+ posts.
It;s located in the FAQ section as well as in my SIG. Check it out.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Dodge cat buyer
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying 08 and up dodge diesel cats, get you new exhaust system for free

Looking to buy 08 and up dodge diesel cats, If you are going to straight pipe your truck keep the cats and drop me a message and I can probably cover the cost of your new system.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:40 PM
looka
Banned

My activation email for the Superchips forum has never come. I clicked resend several times and still nothing.

My Easy Updater isn't working properly. I've tried removing and reinstalling several times. Still not working properly.

Can anybody help with this?

Old 09-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Give our customer service a call at 888-227-2447. They will take care of this issue for you promptly!

Scott

Old 09-15-2012, 09:00 AM
jcb36
Rookie

Lol...now that's customer service, wait till u start bouncing off the rev limiter. Superchips will then disappear.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:27 AM
looka
Banned

Is there any trans. tuning in the stock flashpaq? Like a pre-installed superchips tune or anything?

Old 09-19-2012, 08:59 AM
klruff1
Rookie

Originally Posted by looka
Is there any trans. tuning in the stock flashpaq? Like a pre-installed superchips tune or anything?
Yes, Superchips has their own proprietary shift schedule that, IMO, works nice. I bought the manual trans programming capability for my Flashpaq, and tried all of the 2005 shift schedules that are posted in the SC folder. While I liked how well the trans reacted to throttle positions while accelerating and much easier downshifts, I didn't like how clunky and snappy the trans started to react to upshifts and downshifts, and the lightest application of the gas pedal caused constant downshifts which started to get annoying. The trans would always clunk when coming to a stop also. I went back to the SC program and it all smoothed out, just wish SC allowed me to see their shift points so I could get a quicker downshift - their program requires a stab of the pedal sometimes to downshift which I would improve. I think a mix of the SC program and "Scott's 2005 Shift Schedule" would be perfect. Anybody develop a shift schedule like this?

Old 09-19-2012, 06:24 PM
looka
Banned

Originally Posted by klruff1
Yes, Superchips has their own proprietary shift schedule that, IMO, works nice. I bought the manual trans programming capability for my Flashpaq, and tried all of the 2005 shift schedules that are posted in the SC folder. While I liked how well the trans reacted to throttle positions while accelerating and much easier downshifts, I didn't like how clunky and snappy the trans started to react to upshifts and downshifts, and the lightest application of the gas pedal caused constant downshifts which started to get annoying. The trans would always clunk when coming to a stop also. I went back to the SC program and it all smoothed out, just wish SC allowed me to see their shift points so I could get a quicker downshift - their program requires a stab of the pedal sometimes to downshift which I would improve. I think a mix of the SC program and "Scott's 2005 Shift Schedule" would be perfect. Anybody develop a shift schedule like this?
Thanks for the reply. It's concerning to me that altering the shift schedule causes this clunking. That can't be good.

I went ahead and purchased the adv. trans tuning package last night. I still have no idea how it works and it would be really nice if Superchips would take the time to make a few instructional videos explaining how all their products and programs work.

In fact, I'm quite surprised that they don't provide instructional videos for their products considering that most businesses understand them to be basic to customer service and support. Yes, I did see the user videos posted on these forums, but they aren't anywhere close to being comprehensive.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:33 PM
looka
Banned

I also noticed a major lack of resources concerning shift schedules. The schedules I did find are over a year old and they're's no explanations as to why the user liked that particular schedule.

It would be nice if Superchips could test out different shift schedules and perhaps recommend certain ones. They have their own, pre-programmed shift schedule that comes with the app. I'd like to know the logic behind why they chose that particular shift schedule.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:00 PM
looka
Banned

Has anyone tried using a 2007 schedule on a 2006 truck? I'm thinking about trying Rubber Frogs.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates