Old 04-22-2012, 11:10 AM
daytonachad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks

Old 04-27-2012, 08:20 PM
5.7literWINNING!
Default Diablo 91tune on 5.7 HEMI dissapointing

I have an o7 hemi quad cab. yesterday i loaded the diablo intune 91 octane tune. took it for a test run and I can say im seeing any huge differnces. i did disable the MDS that was nice but going around town the truck does not seem any different powerwise . i have not gone on the highway yet. have any of you installed this tune in your ram? at what RPMS do you see a difference? i do not have 93 here in california by the way so i cant load that tune.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:31 PM
thumperk15
Veteran

I only have the 87oct. tune. I saw a difference over stock but mostly the tune to the throttle response, that really opened it up. Let's just say I can scratch second gear at times and I have 24's.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:32 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

These tuners on gas engines don't make large enough gains to REALLY feel. Yeah, you can tell a difference, but it's not anything to write home about. Many guys buy a $300 tuner and expect the gains that $3500 in heads and cam will get you and that just ain't gonna happen.

To me, it's ALL about transmission firmness, torque management and adjusted shift points, where the Superchips has it all over the Diablo.

And yes, I've run both tuners...

Old 04-27-2012, 10:55 PM
T-Muns
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used both and since upgrading my PCM to 2005, I stuck with the DSP. I think overall the DSP has a little more power, especially down low. On the other hand, wide open throttle shifts from 1-2 were pretty awesome with superchips. DSP firms the shifts a little, but SC will sit you back in the seat a little more.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Black Jack
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know if anyone has asked about this in previous posts, but has anyone run a DSP trinity or the new inTune? I have a regular DSP on my truck but if the newer ones are worth it, I'm gonna upgrade and use my current DSP on my wife's 06 Hemi GC.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:13 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Ive got the Trinity and LOVE it. Hands down the best tuner i ever had

Old 06-04-2012, 11:05 PM
HumminHemi
Old 06-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

Originally Posted by dedogg
Thanks i got the cables today and updated the tuner and installed the 93 oct, but I couldnt find where I disable the mds. I kinds searched the dsp website and it said i needed to modify the tune, but didnt say how. Any suggestions?
The MDS is in the engine section. It is a simple on -off option. I have had mine clicked off for years without changing the oil weight, and see no reason to change oil weight. Someone please give me a logical reason why the MDS being turned off would neeed a differeent weight of oil

Old 07-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Make sure you log for knock and fuel retard (not calling you a tard) A couple degrees of short term knock isn't bad but any more than that you'll want to pull timing and/or add some fuel. It'll log all kinds of stuff so it'll take time for you to learn...start by logging st/lt knock, spark advance, and rpm's and view it on the dataviewer (download it from diablo).

I got my DSP from KRC Performance. I got their tech to write me a custom tune. I tested each Diablo tune, and the custom tune at a1/8 mile drag strip, and found only minute differences. Even the custom tune didn't run much better. I called Marty at KRC and asked him what was up. After he talked me through how to do diagnostics, we found that my truck was retarding every tune 15 degrees. The knock sensors were picking up some unknown sound, causing the ignition to retard. He rewrote my custom tune, eliminating all but two degrees of spark retard, and the truck automatically came alive with about 4 tenths less at the strip. My truck basically has no unusual sounds at all, but those knock sensors are very sensitive. I don't even have the Hemi tick. I rarely run his custom tune since gas prices for 93 octane have been very high, but since the diablo tunes all retard the ignition 15 degrees, i run 87 octane with their 93 tune, and the truck runs fine. Never any detonation even pulling a 3500 lb boat. So if any of you ever run into the same problem I did, do a diagnostic of the knock sensors first thing

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews