Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009 | 08:55 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by 05RamMan
Now I am fairly new to this stuff, However, I do my research. If my research has led me astray, Please by all means corect me.
The canned tunes, of both tuners, are relatively equal. I've seen 1/4 miles times with the SC that are faster than Diablo and visa versa. Having said that, the difference in features will be quite obvious soon. You'll not only be able to tune your truck with SC, but your transmission as well in the near future. Having seen what they have in store, I'm fairly confident people will be impressed. Yes, talk for now. Agreed, but just wait until it's released. If you cant, I do understand. Maybe forum feedback in the future will bring you back.

Sil

Old 06-19-2009 | 09:52 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
|
Banned

While I would like to believe that SC has some great options in the works, fact is that the first threads about these options came out the week of Thanksgiving and we have still not seen a single TCM support mod other than slightly higher shift points and rev limits. Personally, I couldn't wait any longer that these mods that have been "coming soon" since 2008 and that is why I switched to the DSP. Who knows, if these new SC are as good as you are saying Sil I might switch back bc I want the best performance I can get and it doesn't matter to me who I get it from, but at this point I have to take a seeing is believing stance when it comes to SC and their new options since they have been doing a lot of promising and little fulfillling over the last 7 months.

Old 06-19-2009 | 09:55 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Having said that, the difference in features will be quite obvious soon. You'll not only be able to tune your truck with SC, but your transmission as well in the near future.

Sil
So I have to ask, by being able to tune your truck are you just talking about using one of the preset tunes, or being able to modify the parameters of those preset tunes or actually load custom tunes to work with more intence modifications likes a bigger cam?

If it is "Just" being able to tune the truck with your preset values and and being able to adjust the trans then the SC can still only do HALF of what the DSP can do. Right now I can already load one of the DSP preset tunes and make adjustments to tune the transmission, but I can also modify thier preset tunes to work better with my modifications and have the ability to load custom tunes for the more advanced modifications I will be putting in later this summer.

Again, there is nothing wrong the the SC, I was a loyal customer for the last 4yrs, but with the lack of features and abilities to actually tune my truck for a new cam, the SC is basically useless now. If you get the ability to actually tune your truck, adjust the partial shift points for your trans control and have the ability to run and load custom tunes then sure I may come back to SC but I doubt that will be in the next month or two.

Old 06-19-2009 | 10:13 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by truckin151
Right now I can already load one of the DSP preset tunes and make adjustments to tune the transmission, but I can also modify thier preset tunes to work better with my modifications and have the ability to load custom tunes for the more advanced modifications I will be putting in later this summer.
All I'm saying is, the TCM support SC will offer is going to blow away the competition. If you're looking to load custom tunes, you have to go through a CMR. SC does not offer that. Can you run SC with bigger modded vehicles, sure you can? Right now the fastest Hemi truck runs an SC. Is it as good as going to and paying a CMR, probably not? There is little difference in the canned tunes between the products. If you're pleased with what you have, that's cool.

Sil

Old 06-19-2009 | 10:19 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
While I would like to believe that SC has some great options in the works, fact is that the first threads about these options came out the week of Thanksgiving and we have still not seen a single TCM support mod other than slightly higher shift points and rev limits.
Jason,

I feel ya there. There have been times I've felt like you. Totally understandable bud. Give these guys a chance. They are building something special and they want to do it right. They just don't slap the transmission options together and release, because it's so critical to a well functioning truck. I know asking patience is redundant at this point, but trust me you'll be pleased.

Sil

Old 06-19-2009 | 10:21 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
|
Banned

All I'm saying is, the TCM support SC will offer is going to blow away the competition.
We need more details than it is just going to blow away DSP since that is a very vague statement. Either that or I think the promises should be moved over to the SC thread.

Old 06-19-2009 | 10:27 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
We need more details than it is just going to blow away DSP since that is a very vague statement. Either that or I think the promises should be moved over to the SC thread.
No details just yet.

You're correct Jason, I've taken this thread off topic. I will no longer post in the thread.

Sil

Old 06-19-2009 | 10:31 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
|
Banned

No details just yet.

You're correct Jason, I've taken this thread off topic. I will no longer post in the thread.

Sil
Not trying to be a jerk, but we need to keep this on topic which is Diablo Info and Reviews, not SC upcoming releases.

Old 06-19-2009 | 10:34 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

So back on topic, just curious but how many people on this forum actually have a DSP? I know myself, Teach, Severe, Kutz420, and 05RamMan have one, is there anyone else?

Old 06-19-2009 | 12:56 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
|
Banned

I think you might have named all of us in that list, can't think of anyone else off the top of my head. As guys start modding their trucks more heavily there will be more guys who switch to the DSP.

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews