Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 09:28 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Why so brother? Is it because you have an 03?

Old 06-18-2010, 10:13 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Why so brother? Is it because you have an 03?
Well, I figured Diable should have seen about every conceivable problem possible with the 03 by now. But apparently I brought up either a new problem or resurected the orignal ABS problem they said they had corrected but didn't. Been exchanging information with MikeL, a Diable "goto" guy and he tells me he doesn't know. He said he had a CROM that had a ABS reset feature. He sent me CROM 9t08a, when loaded it didn't have the feature. I pointed this out to Mike and apparently there is nothing else in his bag. I feel it should be a simple affair to reset the ABS warning light, but I am apparently wrong. Next week I'll reload the stock tune and head for the dealership for a reflash. I am disapointed with Diablo because I expect them to know what effects their product has on the vehicles they are marketed to be used on. Good money was spent for their product and now I have to pay for a repair on top of it all. Just pisses me off... I want a custom tune and will figure something out.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:56 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah I totally forgot you have that ABS issue. I even read your threads over on Diablo.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:23 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Old 06-24-2010, 08:58 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Gentlemen, I am still pushing the rock up the hill at Diablo trying to get my ABS amber warning light reset. Apparently their solution is to ignore my posting. I'll give a local tuner a call and see if a custom tune can also include a ABS reset. I really hate going to the dealer and I still want to use a custom tune. But this ABS problem needs to be fixed first.

Here is what I posted on Diablo's forum..
Your inability to solve this problem created by the normal use of your product is a surprise and disappointment. I will post the repair proceedures and costs associated with this problem both here and on the Dodge Forum in the future.
PI_greg (Redtruck-VA)

Old 06-25-2010, 03:11 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Update, Went to the dealer today and got a PCM update and specifically told them to reset the ABS warning light. Since I have had the truck since new I figured there would be an update available and was right. They trouble shot the ABS and with much head scatching decide to tell me that there was a reading error of the teeth on the right front tone ring putting it out of sync. In other words they reset the ABS warning light and don't know what caused it. Giving them a chance at being right, when this first happened I had just installed a Diablo tune and the ABS light and brake light were illuminated. This is normal after installing a tune. I backed out of the garage waiting for the warning lights to go out. I hit the brakes and heard a clunk from what sound to be the HCU under the truck and the ABS stayed on after that. If I had slid the front tire, I suppose it could have set things out of time at that particular moment. Do I believe this, NO. But I am trying to figure out what could have gone wrong so as not to duplicate the same action. I really want to use the Diablo for my custom tune so I am bitting the bullet on this. At the moment I have re-installed a modified 93 tune and there are no warning lights. Life is good. Costs, $79 for the reflash and ABS reset.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:09 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

nice! hopefully it stays off and wasnt DSP's fault at all

Old 06-25-2010, 04:25 PM
AWE Daniel
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other than the new 07 crom not liking my pcm I never had a problem with my DSP, sucks that it cost you 79$ to get rid of a light but maybe that was off before and it never noticed it until the tune was on it, weird case.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:16 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

I am certain it was DSP related, but hope the updated flash will prevent further problems. I'm more pissed at Diablo inability to help. Life goes on....

I will be on work related travel for the next week. I'll try to get on when I can. Thanks,

Old 06-28-2010, 12:23 AM
xtremekramer
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys. So i changed my rims/tires from 20/33's to 18/32.59. My speed is off by 2mph on the speedo (i know thats not huge but figured it was worth changing). Took the Truck to the dodge dealer...they wanted $130 for this!!! So I went to looking at programers. The sales guy at summit racing convinced me to go with the Diablo over the superchip that i went in to buy. Since i had done quite a bit of research on the super chip and non on this i came looking for something on the forum and found this sticky. so far i am on page 44 trying to learn as much as i can.

I have tried changing the tires both by putting in 285/65R18 and by putting in 32.5". When the first one didn't work i didn't figure the second one shouldn't work either since they are equivalent, and it didn't. So if i remember right some one early said to try the next size/up down till you get what you want. My question is if it is putting in the correct specific size, then why wouldn't this have fixed the problem? Seems a standard size wouldn't change from truck to truck when it comes to the speedometer?

I do all my own work on my truck, but when it comes to programing i am a complete newb. Can some tell me what WOT stands for? I figure i will get my shift points down first starting with what i found earlier on. Just trying to figure out what some of these other parameters effect and how. I am guessing non of these need to be changed until i make some big mods, but i would like to know what i really bought by not going with the superchip. I decided to go with it figure i would be doing more upgrades in the future and having a programmer up front that could handle them was well worth it. Now to try and figure out engine/trans tuning!

I am taking a trip from GA to CO next weekend. Decided to load the 87 performance tune to start with and play with it from there.

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews