Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 04:06 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey dedogg did you ever get a better responce form the diablo guys? I have yet to hear anything usefull over on the other site about the rev limiter settings on the 07+, Som have said they get the screen I am seeing and some say that they are getting the screen you are seeing. Its odd....

Old 07-06-2009, 04:17 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

no they only thing they said was it was plus or minus what my stock rev limit is, but no one can tell me where i can find out what it is for sure.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dedogg
i was on the sc thread the other night and it sounds like they are getting ready to come out with something really good and its gonna put the diablo to shame.
I saw that over there too. Unfortunately it sounds like they decided to alientate a huge part of their market by making the update available only for their newest model tuner while the model that the majority of SC users have will not support the update. There will be a lot more guys moving over into the DSP group very soon if they get left out in the cold by SC.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:35 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I saw that over there too. Unfortunately it sounds like they decided to alientate a huge part of their market by making the update available only for their newest model tuner while the model that the majority of SC users have will not support the update. There will be a lot more guys moving over into the DSP group very soon if they get left out in the cold by SC.
I dunno, i'm torn on this. They are going to offer some sort of 'trade in' program to keep those customers. DSP doesn't support trans stuff on my truck anyway, so why ditch one guy cuz he won't give me the latest trans stuff for another guy that gives me nothing?

Old 07-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
I dunno, i'm torn on this. They are going to offer some sort of 'trade in' program to keep those customers.
I am curious to see how much they are going to give customers for their 3815's. Just speculating here but I can't imagine it is going to be that much. Prior to the release of this info about trans updates the 3815's could be found on the classifieds for the low 200's which makes me think that the price of 3815's is going to be even lower now that people can't use the new updates on it and even lower than that on the buyback program.

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
DSP doesn't support trans stuff on my truck anyway, so why ditch one guy cuz he won't give me the latest trans stuff for another guy that gives me nothing?
You bring up a good question bc I am in the same boat with the lack of trans control but I beleive that DS will come out with trans options pretty soon for us. Even if it takes a while, the tunes on the DSP are better than the SC tunes IMO.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:36 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

mikel (from dsp) said straight out they are not currently woking on any additional upgrades for the ram trans tuning, and there is no eta for when they may start. Also, they have very clearly said that they will never offer 0-60 and 1/4 mile times within the tool.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
mikel (from dsp) said straight out they are not currently woking on any additional upgrades for the ram trans tuning, and there is no eta for when they may start. Also, they have very clearly said that they will never offer 0-60 and 1/4 mile times within the tool.
Here is something that he posted on the DS forum about the 03's and 04's trans tuning. So it does sound like they have been working on some upgrades for the Ram trans tuning.

"Its not to say we have not looked at it, or that we dont know what needs to be done to get it supported, keep in mind we did spend months developing the HEMI Ram tool, and we have a very good understanding of how it all works, its just a matter of time now to finish the job."

Old 07-07-2009, 02:18 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I'm pretty excited about the Diablo-Sport Predator, sounds like a pretty mean tool. I'm already super impressed with the performance of the Hemi with just a silly exhaust system, I can't wait to really open this truck up. I just hope I don't blow it up doing a daily pass lol.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by 05DodgeRamHemi
I'm pretty excited about the Diablo-Sport Predator, sounds like a pretty mean tool. I'm already super impressed with the performance of the Hemi with just a silly exhaust system, I can't wait to really open this truck up. I just hope I don't blow it up doing a daily pass lol.
It is a nice piece of tuning equipment. Just make sure you know what you are doing when you start adjusting the parameters and you shouldn't have to worry about blowing anything up.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:37 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Am I going to experience power across the entire power band, whether it be just casual throttle response, to WOT performance? Also since my truck is an '05, I am going to have the option to control shift firmness as well as shift points?

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews