Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You wont be able to control the shift firmness, that is written into the tune I believe, however the partial and WOT shifts will make the truck run beautifully. I posted some shift points a page or two back for the 05 settings, thats where I started from and then modified them by raising everything slightly to get it to where I wanted it, and after playing around with them for a while I have it set just right for me.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:27 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

That's awesome man. Where did you buy your tuner from, the internet or a dealer?

BTW, does your truck have the Hemi? If it does, it must tool around like crazy having that single cab short bed.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:48 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I found a local shop that had them in stock and picked it up there.

And yes... it does have a hemi under the hood... And yes it is a fun ride, and over the next couple months here its gonna get a lot more fun ...

Old 07-07-2009, 05:01 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Have you had any opportunities to run into a Tundra on the streets? For the three months I've owned my truck, I've yet to hit a light next to any kind of a fast truck like a Titan or a Tundra lol.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:19 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 05DodgeRamHemi
Have you had any opportunities to run into a Tundra on the streets? For the three months I've owned my truck, I've yet to hit a light next to any kind of a fast truck like a Titan or a Tundra lol.
The reg cab 5.7 tundras are fast stock...this one ran a 14.2 @ 97 stock. Geared with shorties from the factory does that. Freakin toyota has their own blower for it now too. I haven't ran one yet but i'm sure I could keep up with a extended cab one...might have to be a 4x4 though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M7Lm7gK_WY

Old 07-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05DodgeRamHemi
I have come across both of them and the Titan is not fast at all. The Ram with a Hemi can walk all over the Titan with the 5.6 or whatever their largest engine is. The Tundra on the other hand is very fast.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:58 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I have ran a few titans, they seem to be the only ones that will run. The Tundras around here are all old farts (50+) and they just cruise around and dont care, I have raced a few of the old gen tundras but those are a cake walk. To be honest, until I finish up some more of the work on the truck over the next few months, I really dont want to run a 5.7 Tundra cause unless its a 4x4 quad cab I dont think I'd be able to take one, they are quick... Now after the cam, headers, converter, tune... I'll gladly wlecome the challenge but until then I can wait....

Old 07-07-2009, 09:35 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

I have pounded every titan i have raced, I have raced 1 tundra and it wasnt the same result : 0

Old 07-08-2009, 01:29 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yeah, I was curious about the Tundras especially. I remember when I was searching for a truck, I had stopped at the local Toyota dealership a couple of times to test drive an '08 Tundra, and I was blown away. They were just too out of my price range considering the oldest one is an '07. I am very happy that I was able to find a dodge ram with the hemi, but I probably would have bought a Tundra had I had a little more money to play with; they drive incredibly smooth, shift seamlessly, and have an endless power band, not to mention, can tow A LOT. My ram is very refined and flashy, but it's kind of the known thing that it's not really meant to tow anything too serious like its F-150 and Tundra counterparts.....but I still think the Hemi is the more badass truck lol.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:50 AM
dedogg
Record Breaker

tundras are nice and I looked at them too, way too much money. But there is something about a dodge that makes you say hmmmmmmmmmmm

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews