Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 12:18 PM
AWE Daniel
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by butch1581
more than likely the cruise not working has nothing to do with the diablo. try loading your stock tune.....I bet it still wont work
LOL This made me laugh. Every time I go on a trip I load up the stock tune and cruise all day. Try looking on Diablo's own forums, it happens to a lot of people.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:38 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCM reflash problem

03 ram 1500 SXT-Hemi
Short story, installed the DSP U7137 and tried to adjust my tire size using "Quick Adjust" and threw a ABS warning light. Diablo was no help and I restored the original tune and took it to the dealer and had the PCM updated and ABS reset. The dealer said they were unable to install the new PCM version number. Re-installed the DSP with an updated Crom, Used "Quick Adjust" to set tires and got a ABS warning light again. Took it back the dealer to reflash PCM and reset ABS. Dealer says the Diablo tuner has my PCM elocked making it impossible for them to properly reflash. Does Diablo leave residual code in the PCM even after restoring original tune? What does it take to completely un-install the Diablo?
My question is; Has Diablo screwed up my PCM preventing the dealer from reflashing or is the dealer blowing smoke?

Getting a weee bit frustrated with this.....

Old 08-08-2010, 01:19 PM
AWE Daniel
Veteran

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
Dealer says the Diablo tuner has my PCM elocked making it impossible for them to properly reflash.
I think the dealer is blowing you off. Sometimes they refuse to touch a vehicle if they know that it is modded, they don't wanna be responsible for anything. A computer is a computer, if the PCM software is somehow corrupted/locked, they can run a master reflash, no matter what.

As for your abs problem, have you tried taking the truck to the dealer with the factory tune on it and having them adjust the tire size? It would be interesting to see if that causes an ABS light.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:20 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

The dealers flash will override any programmming that is in there from any tuner,

Old 08-08-2010, 03:03 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by AWE Daniel
I think the dealer is blowing you off. Sometimes they refuse to touch a vehicle if they know that it is modded, they don't wanna be responsible for anything. A computer is a computer, if the PCM software is somehow corrupted/locked, they can run a master reflash, no matter what.

This is what I am hoping for, but not sure they have the ability.

As for your abs problem, have you tried taking the truck to the dealer with the factory tune on it and having them adjust the tire size? It would be interesting to see if that causes an ABS light.
Both times I have taken the truck in it has had the factory tune installed. I didn't want them to mess with the tire size, but they made the adjustment and got it 3 mph off. I told them to put the tire size back, but it wasn't change.

Originally Posted by truckin151
The dealers flash will override any programmming that is in there from any tuner,
Maybe I need another dealer, this one doesn't seem to be able to get the reflash done. I'm meeting with the service manager tomorrow.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:59 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Update: Haven't got the new SC3865 installed yet but been on the phone with SuperChip several times this afternoon working on the problem. Occassionally it comes up which tuner should I buy, and I will suggest before deciding contact the their individual tech support folks to see how accessable they are just in case you have a problem. That in it self will tell you all you need to know to make an informed decsion.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:52 AM
delinpa

I too am on the fence about which programmer to go with. I got information on the hp gains from both SC and Diablo. I was told the Superchips will give me 18hp / 26tq on my 2010 5.7l Ram (on the 91 Octane program), and the Diablosport U7137 is supposed to give me 25-30 hp. Anybody have a feel on this? My only changes on my truck are an AFE filter and Flowmaster Super 44 muffler.

Thanks,
Doug

Old 08-18-2010, 12:55 PM
AWE Daniel
Veteran

Diablo will work well for a 2010 because it has all the features superchips has and a few more, and will accommodate custom tuning if you go for a cam or something down the road.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:18 AM
delinpa

Will the Diablo really give a 25-30 hp gain, or will I have to do other mods to reach that hp? I want as much hp as I can get, but don't want to do any internal mods to the motor. Superships will only give an 18 hp gain.

Thanks!

Old 08-19-2010, 11:46 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Go and add your location and trucks info to your profile. If you are close to me I can help you or do the cam install for you. Its not hard but it takes time.

As for that 25-50, Im sure that would be at the crank and not at the wheels

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews