Data Loggers

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 05:20 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont have anything to really record 0-60. I'm gonna try using my new datalogging equipment to do it, but not sure if its possible. The only number I have (which is not accurate at all) is from dynolicious. It said i had an 8.6 0-60

Old 04-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
I dont have anything to really record 0-60. I'm gonna try using my new datalogging equipment to do it, but not sure if its possible. The only number I have (which is not accurate at all) is from dynolicious. It said i had an 8.6 0-60
What is your new datalogging equipment? The dsp connected to the laptop or something else?

Also, your truck is faster than 8.6. I don't even need to see it run to know that number is off.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:05 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
What do you guys think would need to be done to reach 5.00 for 0-60? Right now I have the cam I am waiting to install, then after that I am going to do a converter and then tune via psc1. Think that will be enough to cut the last 0.6 off? It seems like the faster you go the harder it is to make gains, which makes me think it won't be enough. Any thoughts?
Well it is harder to go fast when you are as fast as you are already. Do I think you can do it? Yes... You are determined and with a box full of money you will be there. My thoughts are sticky tires at WOT launch will get you very close. Some funny gas and it should be a done deal. Now I just wish I could get into the low sixes. lol

Old 04-21-2010, 06:10 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

current datalogging stuff is either DSP hooked up to laptop, or LC1 wideband hooked into OT2 sending wireless signal to laptop. Cant do both at the same time, because they both use the OBDII connector.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
Well it is harder to go fast when you are as fast as you are already. Do I think you can do it? Yes... You are determined and with a box full of money you will be there. My thoughts are sticky tires at WOT launch will get you very close. Some funny gas and it should be a done deal. Now I just wish I could get into the low sixes. lol
That is the one nice thing about having a 4x4, the launch is always solid when you go in 4hi.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:12 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Teach I would say the cam and converter combo would put you in the 5.00sec mark. Although with that said you'll need some traction to get it there. With the Converter alone I cannot floor it without spinning it and getting some wheel hop. If you add the cam and converter you are going to need some traction control before you'll hit a 0-60 in the 5.00.

AF the same can be said about yours too. When you launch how are your tires? Are you spinning them pretty good? Thats what sounds like is happening, like you are not getting a good bite

Old 04-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by truckin151
Teach I would say the cam and converter combo would put you in the 5.00sec mark. Although with that said you'll need some traction to get it there. With the Converter alone I cannot floor it without spinning it and getting some wheel hop. If you add the cam and converter you are going to need some traction control before you'll hit a 0-60 in the 5.00.
You think I will need some help with traction even launching in 4wd? I was kind of banking on 4wd keeping me from having to worry about getting the power to the ground.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:21 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That I am not 100% on. I have heard good and bad things about launching in 4wd some getting lower times some getting worse times. Not having a 4wd truck though I could not tell you one way or another. If it works for you then great but I still think traction is going to be an issue. Is there any extra power loss going from 2wd to 4wd?

Old 04-21-2010, 08:24 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

I was getting axle hop, which in my experience can break parts pretty quick. With the Caltacs I'm not getting axle hop. They are a simple solution that work.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:28 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Truckin, do you carry a spare tire or ballast? Your truck is amazing...

Quick Reply: Data Loggers