Data Loggers

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 10:20 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow...that video of truckin was straight up pitiful! im sure track conditions had a lot to do with it as well.

really lookin forward to your times tomorrow Maori

Old 04-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Maori
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. Nervous as i have actually never been to the track before lol.
Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
wow...that video of truckin was straight up pitiful! im sure track conditions had a lot to do with it as well.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:13 PM
FrostKing
Professional

I've tried recording a 0-60 run but it never turns out well. I can't even manage a 35-60 mph run without it going sideways.

Climbing a 8% grade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNTu3abAq8c

My local track opens at the end of this month so I try and remember to record a 0-60 on 390/40/R17 drag radials with a prepped track.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:24 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Actually looking forward to seeing Truckin151 run but not to sure if he is coming along. I am sure the snail of the group i am going with lol.
Your truck would walk mine after about the 330ft mark if you can get it to hook up, you going to be running DR's or street tires? Im not going to make it though, got some good seats for the D-backs game tomorrow night and my wife really wanted to go so thats where I'll be. I'll end up back at the track once I can get this cam in and tuned later on and Im sure I can talk the others into coming along with me though.

Yes it was pitifull, I'll admit it. The semi worn 275/55/20's on a nonprepped track didn't work out to well. Also didn't have my launch down either. Its much better now though

Old 04-24-2010, 12:26 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion

a launch doesnt mean anything if you dont have grip...

Old 04-24-2010, 12:31 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Maori
Not to sure if i will ever make it to the track this year but just want to improve my launch better (caltracs) and the floor shifter will allow better consistency when doing WOT runs.
I am slow compared to others but hopefully it will get me under 6.xx 0-60 which i will be estatic.

Right now it is sub 6.xx something as you can see from the vid. I know i know the 2nd and 3rd run shows me going into 4th and OD which is a big tranny no no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1FD23SbZ4
Your shift schedule looks off, looks like you shift twice before hitting 50...

Old 04-24-2010, 12:34 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

a launch doesnt mean anything if you dont have grip...
Which I have now.... or at least better. Jumping from the 275 to a 305 helped out a lot on the street, at the races I still spin but just not as bad and when the track is prepped right it makes things even better.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:25 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by FrostKing
I've tried recording a 0-60 run but it never turns out well. I can't even manage a 35-60 mph run without it going sideways.

Climbing a 8% grade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNTu3abAq8c

My local track opens at the end of this month so I try and remember to record a 0-60 on 390/40/R17 drag radials with a prepped track.
Frostking,
You obviously have a lot of knowledge on tuning the 03 with engine mods. How about joining the "03" club where we focus specifically on our 03 related issues. It seems traction becomes a common problem for our trucks when accelerating and the area of suspension is going to need to be refined. You have a lot of time/effort invested in your truck just to have it running shows you are indeed dedicated to getting it right. well done

Old 04-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Maori
Professional

The 2nd and 3rd run was pedel to the floor so it just spins right through first and 2nd. My street tires are 28" talls and i have not put the caltracs yet. Like the 1st rune i gotta ease into it.

Originally Posted by truckin151
Your shift schedule looks off, looks like you shift twice before hitting 50...

Old 04-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Maori
Professional

Well i never really planned on going to the track before so i never researched any DR or slicks out there. So it prob' be my street tires unless i can borrow a set from the group.
Sounds good about the DBacks game. Took a bit of convincing to the wife to let me go to the GTG.

I guess the times well help as the base line before putting in the caltracs, shifter and stage iii vb.

I have been warned that once i go down the track i will be hooked lol.

Originally Posted by truckin151
Your truck would walk mine after about the 330ft mark if you can get it to hook up, you going to be running DR's or street tires? Im not going to make it though, got some good seats for the D-backs game tomorrow night and my wife really wanted to go so thats where I'll be. I'll end up back at the track once I can get this cam in and tuned later on and Im sure I can talk the others into coming along with me though.

Yes it was pitifull, I'll admit it. The semi worn 275/55/20's on a nonprepped track didn't work out to well. Also didn't have my launch down either. Its much better now though

Quick Reply: Data Loggers