Data Loggers

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 12:31 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maori
Awesome. Cant wait to put mine in. Had the perches welded right after putting in my 4/6 McG kit a few years ago.
Maybe you can give us some before and after times to see how well they work at improving times?

Old 04-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Maori
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to sure if i will ever make it to the track this year but just want to improve my launch better (caltracs) and the floor shifter will allow better consistency when doing WOT runs.
I am slow compared to others but hopefully it will get me under 6.xx 0-60 which i will be estatic.

Right now it is sub 6.xx something as you can see from the vid. I know i know the 2nd and 3rd run shows me going into 4th and OD which is a big tranny no no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1FD23SbZ4

Old 04-23-2010, 03:40 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

looks like the XD-16. you like it? i like mine a lot

Old 04-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Maori
Professional

AEM wideband hence the video of RPM and AFR in the same screen for video datalogging.

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
looks like the XD-16. you like it? i like mine a lot

Old 04-23-2010, 03:48 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
Teach and VA, you guys also have a nice mod list to add quite a bit of power. If all Adam has is a CAI and TB, he probaly will have enough traction in 2wd. 4x4 really slows the truck down honestly. Instead of the front wheels free-wheeling, the engine has to use a lot of extra power to turn them. Similar to your A/C clutch -- you get better mpgs with the A/C off because there isnt an extra load on the engine. The only reason 4x4 should be used is if you're really breaking loose bad. Even a little bit of slip in 2wd is better than 4x4.

As far as the launches, one of the most popular ways is letting the converter do a flash stall. This is performed by just holding the brake till you're ready to go, then let off the brake and mash the throttle. You'll see the rpms jump immediately to your stall speed (2300 if stock). The "rev it up then launch" was made popular by manual trannys to make sure the engine didnt stall out --they wanted the engine in the power band at launch. The flash stall with automatics does the same thing.

AF hit it right on the head as far as launching goes. However, mashing the peddle with a high stall = going sideways for me at least. THere are many ways to launch and not one way works for everyone. I get slower time stalling it than I do just hitting the gas and going, I also cannot just hit the gas, I have to feather it a bit before its good to go. Practice practice practice, on an open road or track not near anyone, the last thing you want to do is get squirly with someone in the lane next to you.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Good points truckin. It takes practice to find out what works best for your truck and it's mods. And make sure you are practicing somewhere far away from other people. Don't want anyone getting in wrecks from losing it around other cars.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:09 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by Maori
Not to sure if i will ever make it to the track this year but just want to improve my launch better (caltracs) and the floor shifter will allow better consistency when doing WOT runs.
I am slow compared to others but hopefully it will get me under 6.xx 0-60 which i will be estatic.

Right now it is sub 6.xx something as you can see from the vid. I know i know the 2nd and 3rd run shows me going into 4th and OD which is a big tranny no no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1FD23SbZ4
Maori, that baby hauls ***, you need to tell us a little about your truck. Very nice.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Maori
Professional

Well she is hauling a BIG *** (350+ lbs) so she can be faster but just not with me in it lol.

To be realistic she is slower than most RC and some QC with lesser mods due to my weight and full street trim and hard bed cover but i am happy.

Mods:
214/218 Cam on a 112lsa
AIR RAM CAI
180 T-Stat
Stacked SC3815 and SCT tuned

Transmission: stock 545re @ 105k miles / 2800 Billet Edge Stall TC / 4.10 Yukon Gears

Exhaust: Hedman LT Headers / ORY / DMH E-Cutout / No Cats / 3" Aeroturbine / Turn down before Axle

Wheels/Tires: 17x8 MB Blitz / 275/55/17 Toyo Proxes II

Misc
Raptor Shiftlight
AEM wideband

Ready to go in
Sharadon Stage III VB
Caltracs
B&M Megatruck shifter

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
Maori, that baby hauls ***, you need to tell us a little about your truck. Very nice.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:20 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Maori, That's a nice mod list. I thought she rolled up pretty quick for a stock cam. Well done!

Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Maori, ever have any issues with the sc/sct stack?

Quick Reply: Data Loggers