Data Loggers

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Maori
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beautiful.................................

Originally Posted by FrostKing
I've tried recording a 0-60 run but it never turns out well. I can't even manage a 35-60 mph run without it going sideways.

Climbing a 8% grade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNTu3abAq8c

My local track opens at the end of this month so I try and remember to record a 0-60 on 390/40/R17 drag radials with a prepped track.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:54 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Maori
Well i never really planned on going to the track before so i never researched any DR or slicks out there. So it prob' be my street tires unless i can borrow a set from the group.
Sounds good about the DBacks game. Took a bit of convincing to the wife to let me go to the GTG.

I guess the times well help as the base line before putting in the caltracs, shifter and stage iii vb.

I have been warned that once i go down the track i will be hooked lol.
Yeah, one run down it and you'll be hooked. ITs an adrenaline rush. If bob and chris are going you should be fine , its just a test and tune night right? if so they should be able to let you run a set for one of the runs. Just do me a favor and beat the white one... Steve thinks he can play with the big boys with very little done to his truck. You guys will have fun though

Old 04-24-2010, 04:25 PM
jes2561

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
Yep, 4x4 launches are more aggressive than the 2wd. I for one have my best time just rolling the throttle in from idle with no brake. (6.25) This is obviously not using the potential of the truck, but until traction increases it's the best I can do.

I did one run yesterday and i agree with redtruck. My wheel spin with the 275-55-20's is really bad. I logged a 6.34 and spun way to much. I believe i easily could logg a 5.80 or better if i could hammer it. The 2wheel drive short bed is so damn light in the rear. A good sticky tire or a better road surface will definately make the light truck pull great 0-60's with a 3:92 or better gear. My 0-60 might suffer because i have the little truck per say but i can do a nasty burn out that really opens eyes.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:30 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, this sounds like a good time, show'm what you got and post some numbers. OBTW, what is the speedo cluster out of on your truck?

Old 04-24-2010, 04:40 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by jes2561
I did one run yesterday and i agree with redtruck. My wheel spin with the 275-55-20's is really bad. I logged a 6.34 and spun way to much. I believe i easily could logg a 5.80 or better if i could hammer it. The 2wheel drive short bed is so damn light in the rear. A good sticky tire or a better road surface will definately make the light truck pull great 0-60's with a 3:92 or better gear. My 0-60 might suffer because i have the little truck per say but i can do a nasty burn out that really opens eyes.
Jes, very nice ride you got there, come on over and join the 03 club. You are pulling good times. Have you tried lower tire pressure?

Old 04-24-2010, 05:08 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by jes2561
I think you are going to need to get a little more done to it to break into the 5.xx 0-60 as I doubt you can pick up almost a half a second with a slightly better launch. Great run though

Old 04-24-2010, 05:34 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

just went out and did 15 minutes of datalogging for Marty. too bad its all for nothing. I didnt realize my fuel trims werent responding, which is what he really needs. Oh well, I've been logging MPH vs time also, so i get extremely precise numbers. Did 4 WOT runs on the highway. All of them in 2wd, and all of them with 2 black strips behind me The best tied my PR with 6.3. 0-100 (open highway no one around) was 14.8. For a cam that "falls on its face in the higher rpms", i'd say thats a pretty respectable time

Old 04-24-2010, 06:03 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
just went out and did 15 minutes of datalogging for Marty. too bad its all for nothing. I didnt realize my fuel trims werent responding, which is what he really needs. Oh well, I've been logging MPH vs time also, so i get extremely precise numbers. Did 4 WOT runs on the highway. All of them in 2wd, and all of them with 2 black strips behind me The best tied my PR with 6.3. 0-100 (open highway no one around) was 14.8. For a cam that "falls on its face in the higher rpms", i'd say thats a pretty respectable time
AF_HEMI, well done! That is a fast truck. Would you explain the custom tune procedures you have done? Maybe on the Forgotten thread... At some point I'll need to have something like that done.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:31 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

yep. im headed out now, but i'll get to it this evening. i'll post the same thing here and there

Old 04-25-2010, 07:42 AM
jes2561

Originally Posted by truckin151
I think you are going to need to get a little more done to it to break into the 5.xx 0-60 as I doubt you can pick up almost a half a second with a slightly better launch. Great run though

You might be right but i really think i can hit high 5's if i can hook up. I have run in the 5's with less horsepower with a truck that hooked up better. My wheel spin is horrible if i launch full throttle and i aint but .3 off now. It is possible i will hit the strip were it might hook better, i live 5 miles from an 1/8th mile track where i have run hundreds of passes with my last truck and run in the 5's with less HP.

I sprayed a 100 shot of nitrous with my GMC canyon 4x4 (5cyl) which at most gave me 350 hp and i easily hit 0-60 times in the mid to high 5's but i could not hit the 5's if i hit the button off the line. Wheelspin is a major factor in 0-60 with any short wheel base truck and street tires. The canyon was a little lighter but not by much. I love drag raceing but damn its hard on the wallet and thats one of the reasons i have not tried this RAM at the local track.

If i do run a sub 6 second run i will post it but not sure i will even try. Right now i been busy running my pro street suzuki . I will post some drag race pics if i can figure this site out. I bought this truck to tow a boat and my drag bike and i really dont want to tear the weak tranny out. Great motor but these trannies suck a big one.

Quick Reply: Data Loggers