Data Loggers

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 05:39 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Those are good times. Is there any way to get a 1/4 time out of the logging that you are doing or can it just do time vs. mph?
I dont think I have any way to do time vs. distance. I'm getting time vs. speed using the VSS (vehicle speed sensor). When datalogging, I just hit record, then from a stop punch it until I'm a little past 60 (usually run it to about 70 or so), then look at the graph. Its so precise down to the hundredth second and tenth mph, so I get really accurate readings. I wish i could figure out a way to do time vs. distance though. I'll def be runnin it at the 1/8 mile track here in town this summer

Old 04-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

They will probably be surprised to see your lifted truck running down the track with good times this summer

Old 04-25-2010, 06:07 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

i cant WAIT to smoke some ricers lol. I've only seen 2 gas trucks here in town that could for sure whoop me. One is a ford lightening, and the other is an srt10.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:40 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Maori,
What happen'd? Give us an update.

Posting numbers is an individual thing but it should be noted we have some very quick trucks among us. Truckin, Teacher and AF_Hemi are in the mid 5 sec range or close to it for 0-60 mph. If anyone else has their numbers let us know and we hopfully can learn some speed secrets. Also, I'm hoping we will be exploring more cam and turbo mods soon. I for one, appreciate everyone sharing their information. Thanks,

Old 04-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Hey VA, you anywhere near Cecil in MD?

Old 04-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
i cant WAIT to smoke some ricers lol. I've only seen 2 gas trucks here in town that could for sure whoop me. One is a ford lightening, and the other is an srt10.
Smoking ricers is always fun. There are a lot of people around here who think putting a giant wing and a fart can on a car makes it fast. It is fun showing them that it does not make them fast at all .

Old 04-25-2010, 07:07 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Hey VA, you anywhere near Cecil in MD?
Teach, about 5 hours away.
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=39....=Cecil%2C%20md

I don't go up that way since I've retired. Sometimes over to the Norfolk area. What do you have going?

Old 04-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Well, I have been wanting to go down and run there for a while and after I install the cam I think I will be ready. But no one I know races their cars/trucks. I was going to see if I could maybe get a group together from the forum to go and make some runs this summer.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:11 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

Theres no replacement for displacement. love that saying

VA-- I wish I was mid 5's for 0-60. Teach and Truckin are both faster than me, and niether of them even have their cams in yet. They'll both be flyyyin when they do. Then again, they better be -- they arent rollin 35's

Over on DT they keep track of who the fastest trucks are in each category (i.e. QC, RC, N/A, FI). I'd like to see something like that on DF and get away from the idea that "DT is more performance driven, and DF is more looks/accessories driven". Theres no reason we cant get a strong performance side on this site.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:13 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
Over on DT they keep track of who the fastest trucks are in each category (i.e. QC, RC, N/A, FI). I'd like to see something like that on DF and get away from the idea that "DT is more performance driven, and DF is more looks/accessories driven". Theres no reason we cant get a strong performance side on this site.
That right there is a great idea. There is no reason that we can't have a list like that on here. We could break it down the same way they do and even include a 0-60 section to go along with 1/4 and 1/8 categories.

Quick Reply: Data Loggers