Data Loggers

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 07:32 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
Theres no replacement for displacement. love that saying

VA-- I wish I was mid 5's for 0-60. Teach and Truckin are both faster than me, and niether of them even have their cams in yet. They'll both be flyyyin when they do. Then again, they better be -- they arent rollin 35's

Over on DT they keep track of who the fastest trucks are in each category (i.e. QC, RC, N/A, FI). I'd like to see something like that on DF and get away from the idea that "DT is more performance driven, and DF is more looks/accessories driven". Theres no reason we cant get a strong performance side on this site.
That just goes to show what I know or in this case didn't know. I like it here (DF), I know what I want to do with my truck and there is plenty enough information here to keep me interested. I think a GTG for some racing would be fun. Maybe we can locate a strip that would be convient for some folks to gather at? Perhaps we can get you a change of heart and into the lower class club.... Then you won't have them oversized tires to content with.lol

Old 04-25-2010, 07:35 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres no replacement for displacement. love that saying

VA-- I wish I was mid 5's for 0-60. Teach and Truckin are both faster than me, and niether of them even have their cams in yet. They'll both be flyyyin when they do. Then again, they better be -- they arent rollin 35's

Over on DT they keep track of who the fastest trucks are in each category (i.e. QC, RC, N/A, FI). I'd like to see something like that on DF and get away from the idea that "DT is more performance driven, and DF is more looks/accessories driven". Theres no reason we cant get a strong performance side on this site.
I completely agree, however that does seem to be the case, perfomance really isn't a strong focus on here. There are plenty of looks/lifts/tires (offroad)/sound (exhaust/cai) threads but other than this one there are really no other "performance" based threads going on.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by truckin151
I completely agree, however that does seem to be the case, perfomance really isn't a strong focus on here. There are plenty of looks/lifts/tires (offroad)/sound (exhaust/cai) threads but other than this one there are really no other "performance" based threads going on.
You are right, performance does not seem to be a strong topic on here. But I think this thread will be good enough to hold me over for a while. We just need to make sure we keep it going.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:41 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
That just goes to show what I know or in this case didn't know. I like it here (DF), I know what I want to do with my truck and there is plenty enough information here to keep me interested. I think a GTG for some racing would be fun. Maybe we can locate a strip that would be convient for some folks to gather at? Perhaps we can get you a change of heart and into the lower class club.... Then you won't have them oversized tires to content with.lol
Haha the day I drive a lowered truck will be the.... hmm, well it just aint gonna happen. I have very strong opinions about lowering trucks.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:55 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
That right there is a great idea. There is no reason that we can't have a list like that on here. We could break it down the same way they do and even include a 0-60 section to go along with 1/4 and 1/8 categories.
ohh i really like that idea. glad im done with exterior now

Old 04-25-2010, 08:02 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Guy's,
I'm hoping between this thread and the Forgotten thread we can share enough information to put together some impressive trucks, performance wise. My 03 has an 02 build date so when I hear about problems associated with the 03 model I am always sure they are talking about my truck. Motor wise I need to at least change out the valve springs to keep from dropping a valve. I'll start looking at tuning options shortly. Later, I'll focus on cam, heads, headers and a new exhaust system. Finally I believe I have my paint guy nailed down this coming week to finish the body work I want. That pretty much sums up my build plan as of now. Just sharing, thanks,

Old 04-25-2010, 08:08 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

There really arent any boosted guys on here (FrostKing is the only one i can think of thats even semi-regular on here), so we could just make it 4 categories: QC, RC, leveled/lifted, stock/lowered

To make it accurate, we'll need either timeslips or datalogging graphs. It needs to be precise since we'll more than likely be talking tenths or even hundredths with some of you guys

Old 04-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Definitely need to have some kind fo verification of times, track would be preferred since it is pretty easy to manipulate data logging but if that is all we can get for 0-60 then that is what we will have to take and just hope for honesty from the people posting the logs.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:16 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Haha the day I drive a lowered truck will be the.... hmm, well it just aint gonna happen. I have very strong opinions about lowering trucks.
Actually, I probably do understand having had lifted 4x4's, prerunner and a fleet of lowered rides. I try to build them for a purpose, with my individual stamp. My general feelings is 4wd should be built for off road and 2wd for the street. But as we see on the forum there is a lot of crossing over. Plus, I've lived in a lot of different cultures and they have also influenced me. To each their own. Old men like to preach.. lol

Old 04-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
Old men like to preach.. lol
How old are you VA? I wouldn't have guessed you to be an old man.

Quick Reply: Data Loggers