Data Loggers

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 11:48 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn man that is a long time, I ordered mine directly from Aeroforce and it was here within a week.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:11 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update: I recieved the A/F kit today. Will attempt to install the bung, muffler and tail pipes today. Got the roll pan finished, along with the bed, but still working on the clear coat to get it completely finished.The guy at the body shop is very meticulious and works only a small section at a time. It is coming out beautiful, but damn it is time comsuming.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:14 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Well at least each day is one step forward.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:34 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Well at least each day is one step forward.
Weed, each day and night. Got home after 1 am last night. The crew at the body shop are low rider/tuners guys which makes for a very strange scene for a old school guy like myself. But these guys love their cars and are a dedicated bunch that are serious about expressing their talent through their rides. Not only is it great fun but somewhat of an eye opener for me.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:06 PM
03MopaRamman
Captain

TCI Breakaway-Torque Converter Ordered Today. Now just gotta save up for ATF4 at $6.89 a Quart up here in Canada, so how many do I need for this job guys (12?) and where do I find that DIY I seen before on here? can I do this in the driveway (I have dolly and lots of stands / jacks) or do i need the hoist.

It will be interesting to see what this mod will do for my current Data Log of 6.59.
At the same time I will up the shift from 6200 to 6300 as suggested after last run by Truckin. Wish I had the money for the PML pan but at 300 bucks I could put that towards my gears. Sold my Camper last week so will not have that strain on the Tranny. Will also consider changing out the Cooler as per what VA did at same time and just repaint my pan for now.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:12 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

My Aeroforce got here today. I'll be intalling it eventually lol. After the audio build (link in sig) comes the torque converter and shift kit, then the modding will slow down for a little while.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:22 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by 03MopaRamman
TCI Breakaway-Torque Converter Ordered Today. Now just gotta save up for ATF4 at $6.89 a Quart up here in Canada, so how many do I need for this job guys (12?) and where do I find that DIY I seen before on here? can I do this in the driveway (I have dolly and lots of stands / jacks) or do i need the hoist.

It will be interesting to see what this mod will do for my current Data Log of 6.59.
At the same time I will up the shift from 6200 to 6300 as suggested after last run by Truckin. Wish I had the money for the PML pan but at 300 bucks I could put that towards my gears. Sold my Camper last week so will not have that strain on the Tranny. Will also consider changing out the Cooler as per what VA did at same time and just repaint my pan for now.
Ramman, I would recommend using a hoist and trans jack. As a young man I changed many transmissions on jack stands. But I wouldn't do it now. I had a shop do mine and it took the mechanic 50 minutes from the time the shaft was unbolted to having the trans on the work bench. Olddirty john, did his on base in the auto shop. So yes it can be done. The "y" pipe needs to be dropped and then it comes down pretty straight forward. I believe John did a really nice write-up DIY. Good luck.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:47 PM
03MopaRamman
Captain

Thanks, will take a good look first as haven't been under there in a while. Think the Y-pipe is clear, but I got transfer case that might be attached and create some xtra weight. Although i got a strong 64 Kg Measured Hand grip my knees are wore out from humpin Ammo, so ya this one in the driveway by myself might be too much to engineer. Thankfully me too I have the option of Joining the Auto Club on Base and they got a hoist and from what I hear it is usually pretty Dead.

This might sound Dumb but A/eroforce is an Exhaust System right?

AF though you had a Perf TC installed. Hmm and you already got traction problems!
So sounds like we will be doing some new Data Log Runs...soon...

Old 06-17-2010, 08:10 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by 03MopaRamman
Thanks, will take a good look first as haven't been under there in a while. Think the Y-pipe is clear, but I got transfer case that might be attached and create some xtra weight. Although i got a strong 64 Kg Measured Hand grip my knees are wore out from humpin Ammo, so ya this one in the driveway by myself might be too much to engineer. Thankfully me too I have the option of Joining the Auto Club on Base and they got a hoist and from what I hear it is usually pretty Dead.

This might sound Dumb but A/eroforce is an Exhaust System right?

AF though you had a Perf TC installed. Hmm and you already got traction problems!
So sounds like we will be doing some new Data Log Runs...soon...
Ramman,
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/
AI - Aeroforce Intercepter
Plug and play, plugs into the OBDII port and reads sensors.
A/F - Air Fuel gauge, uses a o2 sensor and needs a bung welded into the exhaust. and is read on the AI gage. Not the most cost effective way to read everything, but is straight forward and simple which I like.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:14 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

when you consider the cost of one AI gauge ($250) vs the cost of all the gauges it replaces, it MORE than pays for itself.

I have the TC sitting here in my living room. Im still running the stock TC, and yes... i have traction problems. Even 4x4 chirps pretty hard

Quick Reply: Data Loggers