Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 11:05 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Superchips Questions and Updates

Due to the high number of Superchips users here in the 3RD GEN RAM section, and and what appears to be growing support directly from Superchips here on Dodge Forum, I've created this Superchips thread and "stickied" it so that it will be easy to find.

To you reps of Superchips: Please feel free to post anything regarding your pruducts that relate to 3rd Gen Rams here.
In this way, Superchips reps won't have to spend a lot of valuable time searching through multiple threads in order to answer questions and help the many Superchips owners here.

I'd also like to encourage any Dodge Forum members with issues or questions specifically related to Superchips to post here. Also, don't forget that Superchips has their own forum for discussion/question/problems with their product at http://flashpaq.com which I would imagine would get you faster results than posting here.

I'm hoping this will make it more efficient and faster for those reps to spot questions/problems in an effort to give our members help in the most timely manner possible.

Thank you,

HammerZ71...

Old 03-02-2009, 11:27 AM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hammer,

Thank you for providing this thread.

The more feedback, in regards to improving the Superchips product, the better.

Sil

Old 03-02-2009, 11:29 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

A couple tidbits from a thread in the general section I thought would start this off nicely.

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Here's where Superchips is at in regards to completed and pending options:

Completed updates:

* MDS Disable Option
* Stand Alone Tire Tuning
* Increased REV/WOT Limits... (6500 REV/6200 WOT 1-2, 2-3)

Other options to follow. No definitive ETA:

_ Throttle body relearn option
- Transmission line pressure adjustment
- Torque management adjustment
- Part throttle shift point adjustment
- Idle adjustment
- 93 octane tune

Current firmware v1.32 and database 240, as of 02/27/09.

Sil

Old 03-02-2009, 11:32 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

and this one here:

Originally Posted by Superchips Tom
I talked with the Dodge team this morning and it looks like the TB relearn will be released this week along with a host of other things... most, unfortunately, won't be of interest to the Hemi truck gang.

The Dodge team has been spending much of the past few weeks addressing the changes you've already seen along with other projects including (1) a Cummins programming improvement, (2) tuning Arrington's 500 hp 426 Hemi, (3) resolving some field programming bugs with early 4.7L Dakota and Durango, and (5) wrapping up our all-new Jeep Flashpaq for 4.0L and 3.8L Wrangler [along with Grand Cherokee, Commander, and the boxy XJ Cherokee]. Compounding matters... a wicked flu bug came through central FL knocking our team out for a few days.

As soon as we get the Jeep work behind us we'll be focusing on some Hemi-specific features like the ones Sil mentioned. We'll also accelerate our '09 Hemi work and our 6.1L work.

I apologize for this prolonged new feature introduction because I know you guys are excited about these upcoming features and you've been very patient with us. I will try to keep you 'in the loop' on progress and have instructed Scott to post progress reports so you can Stay Tuned.

In the meantime I will continue to monitor and participate in forums as much as I can. I truly appreciate your feedback and candor.

Regards,

Tom Bennett

Old 03-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great idea to make this a sticky. This will hopefully help reduce the number of SC threads being started that all ask basically the same questions.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Superchips Tom
Former Vendor

Thanks for creating this forum so we can quickly and conveniently communicate. This will definitely streamline things for us. I will post the new firmware information as soon as it’s released by the Dodge team.

Regards,

Tom Bennett
Division President
Superchips, Inc.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

I will also continue to provide supporting along with Tom on product data and tech support for the members of this site.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns you may have.

Thanks for the help and support HammerZ71!

Scott

Old 03-03-2009, 11:59 AM
traker1001
Captain

Is SC considering a 93 tune for the hemi's? I am addicted to my 91 tune. I think currently SC tunes don't account for much more than CAI and Exhaust, Any chance you will make a modified tune to compensate for Headers, E-Fan, etc...

Old 03-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Yes, we still have plans at some point to release a 93 octane file to the Hemi owners as requested.

I am not sure how much overall power increase you will see over the 91 perf file thought.

Scott

Old 03-03-2009, 03:45 PM
DODGEingbullets

Hey guys i just wanted to stop in and tell you guys thanks for all the info on the SC programmer. Ever since I bought my 06 Dodge in June, when I was home for leave from Iraq, I've been looking into a programmer. I just didnt know which one to buy, but I am sold on the Superchips. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates