3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

accelerator stuck

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 12:32 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

30mph in the driveway????? WOW speed limit 10mph max in a driveway for sure!!

Old 03-16-2009, 12:45 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by morepower29
I was coming up my driveway today at about 30mph when I went to slow down and park my truck the gas pedal stuck 3/4 of the way to the floor. I tried to brake, with no luck, and nailed my boat. Has anyone ever had a problem like this before?
What kind of floor mats do you have? Either the pedal got stuck under the mat or there's a problem with your pedal assembly and got jammed internally some how. Why were you at 3/4 throttle going up a drive way again?

Old 03-16-2009, 12:00 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

That retail by their books sounds about right. I would take that T/B spacer off before you get it all fixed or if you try to blame Chrysler. They will say you messed with it. That's if you go that route. It is a complete electronic unit. Even still they will blame you. (This is if it were to a happen again???)
I would say your floor mats were the culprit. it has happened plenty of times to many people. Especially if you add thick winter mats over your factory mats. It could also prevent the pedal from going fully to the floor.
Used parts,you have no leg to stand on. It's in your Policy Agreement. The only thing I would argue is the fact of getting OEM origonal parts. Aftermarket fenders and hoods just do not align the same!!! They cannot make you get aftermarket parts on an '07 or any year for that matter unless the dealer cannot provide parts due to age.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:08 PM
morepower29
Professional
Default reply

Originally Posted by lxman1
30mph in the driveway????? WOW speed limit 10mph max in a driveway for sure!!
my driveway is quite long. I allways play going up it. The real reason is I have a neighbor that works nightshift and sleeps during the day. He never picks up his trash and it blows around in my yard so I make as much noise as possible going by his house.

As far as the pedal sticking on the floormat, no. I pulled the pedal up with my foot during the mis-hap.

The thread is not about how I drive my truck it is about the ins. company dicking me and the throttle sticking.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:12 PM
morepower29
Professional
Default used parts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
That retail by their books sounds about right. I would take that T/B spacer off before you get it all fixed or if you try to blame Chrysler. They will say you messed with it. That's if you go that route. It is a complete electronic unit. Even still they will blame you. (This is if it were to a happen again???)
I would say your floor mats were the culprit. it has happened plenty of times to many people. Especially if you add thick winter mats over your factory mats. It could also prevent the pedal from going fully to the floor.
Used parts,you have no leg to stand on. It's in your Policy Agreement. The only thing I would argue is the fact of getting OEM origonal parts. Aftermarket fenders and hoods just do not align the same!!! They cannot make you get aftermarket parts on an '07 or any year for that matter unless the dealer cannot provide parts due to age.
they found a used whole front clip. I don't know how much they are getting it for but I know they have an initial estimate of just over $8000 to fix the entire front end and doors.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

keep us posted, i have a boat about the same size as yours so i feel for ya. I would be curious as to what the outcome is for both the boat and the truck...thats a pretty unusual scenario...

Old 03-18-2009, 06:18 AM
20RAM04

Boat must be made out of 1/2 armor plate.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:58 AM
20RAM04

Pics of the boat or it didn't happen.
My 02 Ram was stolen and smashed into the side of an rv and did not cause that much damage.

Last edited by 20RAM04; 03-22-2009 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:32 AM
dodgeorgethit
Professional

next time turn the engine off!!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2009, 07:20 AM
seawind3000
Professional

I always thought the braking system was able to stop a WOT runaway? I'll try it today on a back road. I am very surprised your airbags never deploied. I think they are set to 20 mph.

Quick Reply: accelerator stuck