3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

stacks on gas truck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 06:54 AM
If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to poke fun at anybody here, but this thread reminds me of a loser who used to think he was some sort of big-time trucker with his little S10...I used to see the truck around town every once in a while but don't anymore--who knows, maybe he's driving it as an over-the-road trucker now and hardly ever makes it home...

Anyway, it was a primered 1st generation 2wd Chevy S10 with the bed removed, big bug deflector and windshield visor, air horns on top of the cab, HUGE towing mirrors screwed into the doors, tiny dual stacks, boat trailer fenders over the rear wheels, big mudflaps in back, a ton of amber & red truck lights all over it, CB antennas, and he even fabbed up something that looked a little like a 5th wheel hitch. Oh yeah, and there were also polished fake fuel tanks attached to the frame rails behind the cab. I wish I had a picture for you guys but I was always laughing so hard I'd forget I even had a camera phone.

He probably has some sort of trailer hitched to his "lil rig" by know so he can haul all the $h1t he catches over it...

Old 01-01-2012, 09:25 PM
97DakotaStacks

My buddies 1997 Dodge Dakota 3.9L V6 Magnum had stacks. The pipe is 2.5". Right off the stock cat is a 90 degree pipe, into another 90 at the top of the bed, then it goes into a 36" extension with a 90 degree pipe on each end to 2.5" pipe up the cab topped with 12" 3.5" 45 degree angle cut tips. The truck is LOUD and sounds awesome. It doesn't have that tinny V6 sounds until 3 grand. When idling or low revs below 2,000 it is wicked deep. I don't care what people say, Stacks are loud and look great if done right.
file:///Users/sanda2k/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2012/Jan%201,%202012/IMG_1593.PNG

Copy and paste the link to your web bar to see the picture

Last edited by 97DakotaStacks; 01-01-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Marklorenzo
Veteran

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLLOLLOOLOLLOOLOO LLLLLOLLLL.

Don't Do It.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:13 PM
SLT8
Record Breaker

form over function

Old 01-03-2012, 03:49 AM
MegatronOrDie

Simple answer to this question: Dont do it. I love diesels as much as anyone, but I simply know that being a struggling college student, I aint got the funds for one. Therefore I'm grateful for my 02 5.9. Someday I'll have me a diesel, but until then, work with what ya got. True dual, long tube headers, and straight pipes. Do it, and you'll have the loudest most obnoxious truck in town.. you know, the truck that grabs everyones attention and you love every second of it haha

Old 01-03-2012, 11:24 AM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MegatronOrDie
Simple answer to this question: Dont do it. I love diesels as much as anyone, but I simply know that being a struggling college student, I aint got the funds for one. Therefore I'm grateful for my 02 5.9. Someday I'll have me a diesel, but until then, work with what ya got. True dual, long tube headers, and straight pipes. Do it, and you'll have the loudest most obnoxious truck in town.. you know, the truck that grabs everyones attention and you love every second of it haha
I do that now! With my e-cutout. But your right, I need too bide my time..........totally different scenario, but I wanted a gt , for sale. A while ago.......I can wait til I'm debt free...............Good advice, thanks for posting.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:38 PM
MegatronOrDie

no problem man, gotta love them loud a$$ rigs!

Quick Reply: stacks on gas truck?