3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New drilled and slotted rotors + ceramic pads

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 10:52 AM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So by that rationale , higher gears for bigger tires, do you think my 3.92's are good? I know they are stock, but if they still work. My dad, may he rip, would of blown a head gasket. the way I replace stuff. brake rotors, wheels. His mantra on vehicles was if it worked fine why replace it? He didn't undestand showboating or replacing for looks , performance.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Marx
Record Breaker

i'm running 3.92 gears with 35x12.50 mud tires and my truck still has *****

Old 12-11-2010, 08:08 PM
JonnyBlaze420
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Notice any howling or humming coming from the ceramic pads? I think thats where my noise may be coming from. I got the same setup from the same dude on ebay.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:19 AM
luckydt
Veteran

i have the same setup from brake motive. I noticed a huge difference! My wheel and tire package are retardidly heavy i'm guessing 80lbs each easily and these brakes help slow them things down fast. I drive in military base traffic an hour every day and let me tell you young Marines can't drive!! i have had to slam the brakes to the point of locking it up these brakes have saved my truck from being hit more times then i can remember. I couldn't be happier with the upgrade.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:20 AM
Lecrict
Professional

I purchased from Breakmotive, Full sets, all 4 wheels, about a 4-5 months ago. These are really top quality, and the price is cheap. They still look shiny and new. I am Much impressed with this product. Anyone looking to do their breaks. I would highly recommend.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Jeff d
Rookie

Originally Posted by Marx
just make sure you use brakemotive they are made and shipped from Detroit
I ordered from Brakemotive and the box said "Made in China". That said they were shipped fast and a huge improvement over the stock rotors and the AutoZone Duralast Silver pads that were on the truck when I bought it.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Marx
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Jeff d
I ordered from Brakemotive and the box said "Made in China". That said they were shipped fast and a huge improvement over the stock rotors and the AutoZone Duralast Silver pads that were on the truck when I bought it.
direct from the site
"BrakeMotive offers the highest quality brake parts featuring drilled and slotted rotors, ceramic brake pads and big brake kits. We feature respected brands such as Power Stop, Evolution Ceramic and Kinetic Racing. Our rotors are machined in the USA, and we ship 98% of our products within 2 days!"

Old 01-23-2011, 12:02 AM
slimvela
Professional

direct from the site
"BrakeMotive offers the highest quality brake parts featuring drilled and slotted rotors, ceramic brake pads and big brake kits. We feature respected brands such as Power Stop, Evolution Ceramic and Kinetic Racing. Our rotors are machined in the USA, and we ship 98% of our products within 2 days!"

China sourced materials (unfinished rotors), tooling/machining in the U.S.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:32 AM
Marx
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by slimvela
China sourced materials (unfinished rotors), tooling/machining in the U.S.
And your point is? Tooling/machining=made. Who cares where the material comes from it meets spec and is made in USA.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:15 AM
slimvela
Professional

And your point is? Tooling/machining=made. Who cares where the material comes from it meets spec and is made in USA.
my point...

a few years ago there was a problem with some china sourced blanks due to poor quality control. Some manufacturers try and source materials from U.S. based foundries for better quality control and 'locally sourced' materials. Hence true Made in USA claims.

There is a difference, between made in, and machined in America. Kinda like the difference between made in, and assembled in America.

And simmer down young lad, it's just a forum where we try and help each other understand the nuances of these beasts we drive. It's all good.

I too run brakemotiv rotors, budget restraints. First time I have ever strayed from EBC or Brembo setups I usually use. Pleased so far after 3500mi, I'm happy.

Btw Marx, awesome lift/rolling stock combo, looks real good.

Quick Reply: New drilled and slotted rotors + ceramic pads