3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New drilled and slotted rotors + ceramic pads

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 12:32 AM
caldisneyfan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Everyone I am thinking about ordering these from BrakeMotive as well. My brakes are about done after 75,000 miles. I have been looking for something better than stock and these look like a grate deal. Anyone have a long term report? Do these hold up I assume they would. Thanks.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:10 PM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 2 cts, ceramic seems to be the way to go here. I put rotors and ceramics on the sedan I own. ( ram was done ,rotors and oem pads, when I bought her). They,ceramics. offer better stopping; less dust. not sure on rotor wear yet, anyone else with long term offerings??

Old 03-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Rich 2500
Veteran

Originally Posted by caldisneyfan
Hello Everyone I am thinking about ordering these from BrakeMotive as well. My brakes are about done after 75,000 miles. I have been looking for something better than stock and these look like a grate deal. Anyone have a long term report? Do these hold up I assume they would. Thanks.
Trying not to sound like a smart ***, but you got 75,000 out of the stockers, why change or take a chance?

Old 03-03-2011, 09:30 PM
caldisneyfan

Originally Posted by Rich 2500
Trying not to sound like a smart ***, but you got 75,000 out of the stockers, why change or take a chance?
lol your funny man... Yes I did get 75,000+ in the N. Virginia area that has alot of stop and go everyday. I have only towed a rv trailer a few times with it and I always use trailer brakes. I had the stock disk turned 2 times as they got very bumpy. Then after the 2nd time of having the disks turned they seemed to be ok but now its back and I dont just want to keep re-turning the disk. The back pads almost gone have worn more than the front pads. Anyways that is why I was looking for long term feedback as I think these pads and disks would be a great to replace the worn out disks and pads.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:06 PM
caldisneyfan

I installed the breakmotive set last weekend and what improvement. I would say yes the breaks are improved by 15-20% over stock when new and way better than the 76,000 mile pads and rotors they replaced.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:42 PM
rocket23
Champion

Originally Posted by caldisneyfan
I installed the breakmotive set last weekend and what improvement. I would say yes the breaks are improved by 15-20% over stock when new and way better than the 76,000 mile pads and rotors they replaced.
You could prolly drag your feet and stop better than 76,000 mile brakes......just saying, The slotted rotors are for cooling If I'm not mistaken. But if you don't race, or live on Mt. Washington, Do you really need them? I put ceramics on my sedan with new (oem) rotors, And I noticed an improvement. But they do look cool with the right rims....

Old 11-09-2011, 09:40 PM
JMB3384
Professional

I know this is an old thread but I havent been on here in a long time. I have drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads all the way around now. The brakes are much better than the factory set up and costed me about the same as it would factory replacements. So far I am happy with the switch! How about you guys who were making the switch?

Quick Reply: New drilled and slotted rotors + ceramic pads