3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

4WheelOnline.com is the devil.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 08:59 PM
BrianD215
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4WheelOnline.com is the devil.

I ordered three things recently from 4wheelonline. A skyjacker leveling kit, skyjacker shocks, and window vent visors. The leveling kit arrived and I installed it without issue. The vent visors had a hole in the package and some install stuff was missing. I had to get that sent out to me. And the shocks were flat out wrong. I called and spoke with them and was told to simply enter my lift size during check out. I did that and they sent shocks that are flat out too short. The manufacturer agreed when I consulted them.

So I returned the shocks. Now they are trying to not give me credit for the two front ones because I opened them and tried to put the bushings in. Evidently, I scuffed them or something. I have been emailing back and forth with them and demanding a full refund considering they sent me incorrect stuff. They are saying that Skyjacker said they won't refund the money because they appear as if I attempted to install them. The way I see it, that is 4WheelOnline's problem. They sent me shocks they should have known won't fit. This was 4WheelOnline's fault and they should take the hit. Am I crazy? Anyone else have issues with them before?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:53 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a turner from them without issue.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:57 PM
bgbluram2
All Star

Just had this same issue with Summitracing... Bought shocks and told them I needed two inch longer than stock, they showed up and I found out that they were actually 1" shorter than stock. They told me to return them and I did. Havent heard anything about them being scuffed up (As the shop did try to install them before realizing they were too short) I hope I get my refund!

Old 09-21-2010, 10:01 PM
BrianD215
Professional

bgbluram, That is exactly the same thing. I said I needed them 2" longer but I ordered Skyjacker Nitros. Skyjacker doesn't MAKE them that length. The ones they sent were actually shorter than my stock ones!
I hope they don't try to screw you on your refund like they are screwing me with mine.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:02 PM
bgbluram2
All Star

Good luck man, I will let you know how it goes with Summit

Old 09-22-2010, 12:40 AM
Matt99
Champion

i think they should take the hit, its not your responsibility to measure and KNOW that the shock doesnt fit until you literally try and make it fit

Old 09-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Marx
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya diffidently their fault, hope you get paid.

Last edited by Marx; 09-23-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:51 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I agree it is their fault for either not knowing or not having the right info in their database. But either way, with them selling a product, they should know more than you. I say it should be on them but they have both the product and the money. If you paid with a credit card, can you file a dispute online?

Moved to the General section BTW.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:57 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Sometimes it's better to pay a few bucks more and buy an item from a local shop or an online company who keeps techs on staff (such as LMC Truck) and/or has install centers (like a 4 Wheel Parts for example) where the knowledge of the products they sell is better as opposed to a big warehouse company who employs a bunch of sales people who don't know a thing about auto parts.

Good example is my headers. I could have bought them online cheaper, but I bought them from a local performance shop because they took the time to answer a couple of questions for me (and most of the questions I asked had NOTHING to do with the headers) they also suggested that I buy them uncoated and having a local coatings shop do the ceramic coat. Good advice, the coating on my headers (inside and out) is a LOT thicker than any factory coat I've seen. I could have picked their brains and then ordered them online and brought them to the coating shop, but if everyone did that, the guys with the knowledge to help you would be out of business and NOT BE THERE when you need them...

The nice thing with that also is IF I ran into a problem installing them, I felt I could turn to them and they wouldn't rape me on any labor. As it was, installation was pretty easy. Even though I can weld, it would have been a b*tch without the truck in the air, so I brought my manifolds down to after the cats down to my local muffler shop and had them cut and weld the cats in. Leaving me only to have to extend my O2 wires myself.

Last edited by HammerZ71; 09-22-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:19 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Good point Hammer, I had a machine shop port and polish some Olds heads and intake for me once. Cost me a pretty penny. When I later went back to them to ask them to explain to me how to setup and adjust valves and timing he blew me off and said they didnt know. This was a full machine shop who rebuilt and custom built engines. It wasnt that they didnt know, its that they didnt care to explain. Needless to say I found a didnt machine shop who wasnt scared to too busy to answer questions.

So I am just like you Hammer, if you help me out and educate me on something, Im willing to return the favor and spend a little more money with you.

Thats also another reason I went with marty for tuning but thats another story for later.

Quick Reply: 4WheelOnline.com is the devil.