3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Which exhaust system should i do???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Steve/06 Hemi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which exhaust system should i do???

O.k. i'm getting that itch again to do something to my truck and decided on the exhaust. I want a cat back dual exhaust and the two i'm looking at are a flowmaster 50 HD series non stainless steel (American Thunder series) for 485.00 or a magnaflow stainless steel for 675.00 both are supposed to be bolt on systems. Does anyone have either of these setups and if so pros/cons. I kinda want the SS MAGNAFLOW but is it worth the price difference?What would you all do?http://www.streetsideauto.com/produc...YMM&Reset=True

http://www.streetsideauto.com/produc...YMM&Reset=True

Old 11-19-2010, 11:23 PM
BigOrange

IMO, Magnaflow produces a nice deep, more mellow sound. Also, Flowmaster is prone to rust-out, while the Magnaflow's SS construction will be good for the life of the truck. I think Magnaflow flows better than Flowmaster as well. Hope that helps!

Old 11-19-2010, 11:32 PM
ram_bo06
Captain

I'm very happy w/ my magnaflows. They have a great sound. Not droning at all. And is it worth the extra money? Depends on how long you plan on having ure truck. If ure thinking more than a few years out Magnaflow is def worth the money. U won't be dissapointed w/ the magnaflow setup.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:15 AM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i run a magnum engine in my ride, so this comment is a little out of place- but I thought I'd share all the same...

I currently have a single in dual out FM Delta 44 on the truck... sounds good and aggressive.. I have cali emissions, but I live elsewhere, which is beneficial to running true duals- which is whats about to happen.. anyway-

I just landed the muffler today.. It's a magnaflow dual in dual out, with an X pipe inside a single chamber (helps with the scavenging).. So, I open the box and take a peek-

holy crap.. I don't know what this thing is going to sound like, but I'm telling you I could drop a golf ball down one pipe on one side and watch it fall all the way through without touching a thing.. I think it's safe to say it will 'outflow' a flowmaster.. I have no clue what it's going to sound like though..

Old 11-20-2010, 11:51 AM
okaymatt
Professional

I use Flowmaster's the rusting out issue is true, but anyone who takes care of their truck and lives in an environment where they have snow/rain learn to take care of the underside of the truck on a monthly basis to prevent such of things. I love my 40 series, its very deep and mean sounding not to mention gave me an extra MPG or two.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:43 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Flowmasters are baffled, drone and rust. Go with the magnaflow if thats your only other choice. Personally though I like my borla setup. Also IMO catbacks are pretty worthless, you pay so much $$$ for a muffler and piping to make it look good. I ditched my catback and just went to a SI/SO muffler with 3" piping and dumped it over the axle and have 0 complaints and lets you get a really good muffler without spending an arm and a leg on a whole setup

Old 11-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Steve/06 Hemi
Professional

thanks for the input. I'm leaning toward the magnaflows mainly because of the SS construction and it's supposed to come with everything i would need. I'll keep researching though.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:37 PM
RAMIN4X404
Amateur

what about MBRP?

Old 11-20-2010, 07:54 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Old 11-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Steve/06 Hemi
Professional

Kinda like the look of duals though. Also meant to ask everyone if any of you has ever tried one of these exhaust kits it's supposed to just bolt on? debating using one of these or taking it to a muffler shop?

Quick Reply: Which exhaust system should i do???