3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

I think I have decided. Please chime in !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 03:02 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would like some input on those Log style gibsons too, when I do my hemi swap I won't have many options.. either stock manifolds, custom headers, those logs, or try every brand until something fits lol.
http://www.amazon.com/Gibson-GP311S-...N%3DB000LG4AEA

Old 02-27-2012, 09:39 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you go with the logs, don't bother replacing the stockers and just save your money. Not worth the hassle for such a little gain that won't be felt or heard. There are so many other BETTER choices.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:25 AM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the ultimate exhaust system , I took a regular cheep muffler with a- 3'',inch intake and two- 2" inch outlets.. I took the muffler apart and gutted everything except the two partitions inside .. I then pulled the "Intake" out until it barely goes into the muffler opening it up.Then ran both duals out in front of the pass. side rear tire. It's kinda hard to explain but the results are an amazing sound taking off and quiet at Idle..
You can see the pics on my Hemi Swap Thread , 02' Ram Get HemiDak-Quads 04' Hemi..

Old 02-28-2012, 07:26 AM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain

I'm Looking for a set of headers.. Good thread this should go far...

Old 02-28-2012, 08:07 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

As far as the "logs" go, I can't see where there is any kind performance to be gained with them. Might look at them as nice stainless replacement for rusted out manifolds, but I'd not expect to see much if any gains.

Gains at the exhaust starts with improved scavenging and this is obtained by not allowing exhaust gases from each cylinder to mix (causing a backwards flow and making the engine work harder) until well down the system. I just can't see where any scavenging takes place with the "logs". They'd be my fourth choice after LTs, Mids and Shorties, in that order...

Old 05-24-2012, 08:16 AM
nbrion1
Rookie

Originally Posted by HEMI1980
Thanks,

Matthew
Have you pulled the trigger and made a purchase yet? I'm thinking about some LT headers and a single thick pipe to the back. (what .. that may not sound right )

I did this on my chevy. A friend at a muffler shop recommended it. It sounded soooo deep.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:07 AM
houseoftoes
Professional

Great choice on the cherry bomb extreme!! I have a 3 in 3 out but I might switch to the one you have picked. I have heard alot of opinions that a single in dual out is a bit louder than a single in single out and I am looking for louder.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:16 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
As far as the "logs" go, I can't see where there is any kind performance to be gained with them. Might look at them as nice stainless replacement for rusted out manifolds, but I'd not expect to see much if any gains.

Gains at the exhaust starts with improved scavenging and this is obtained by not allowing exhaust gases from each cylinder to mix (causing a backwards flow and making the engine work harder) until well down the system. I just can't see where any scavenging takes place with the "logs". They'd be my fourth choice after LTs, Mids and Shorties, in that order...
I'm with Hammer , I've been reading a lot of threads and feedback on shorty , long , log and Mid headers.. From what I've read , If you're going to run headers , run them for the right reason.."HP" , Short headers don't improve torque or horsepower much at all . Long headers do. Iv'e also read that , there aren't many longs that fit perfectly without modifying something , but in my oppinion the small mods. some headers require is well worth it..
I'm in search of a good set of headers for my truck also. I'm not running cats and I don't know a lot about the differance between cats v/s no cats. but that might be another thing to look into while you're researching this .. Keep us posted I would like to see how it works out for you..

Quick Reply: I think I have decided. Please chime in !!