3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Leveled, New Wheels & Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Hoosier BigHorn
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveled, New Wheels & Tires

Finally got my Bilsteins installed, front & rear. 2" level in front. Ended up going with 18x9 XD Cranks. Originally wanted Fuel Hostages, but the offset I wanted is on backorder. Wheels are 0 offset and wrapped in LT295/70/18 Terra Grapplers. Love the look and the ride quality, feels like a totally different truck now. I also painted my diff cover to match the truck and used zinc plated bolts to make it pop. Just wanted to show off the fruits of my labor a little bit. More pictures available in my album if anyone wants to check them out.

Attached Thumbnails Leveled, New Wheels & Tires-100_1831.jpg   Leveled, New Wheels & Tires-100_1830.jpg   Leveled, New Wheels & Tires-100_1832.jpg   Leveled, New Wheels & Tires-100_1834.jpg   Leveled, New Wheels & Tires-100_1837.jpg  

Old 08-13-2012, 11:05 AM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

Nice. A little surprised you squeezed those under there with no offset. What's your backspace?

Old 08-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Five.SevenRAM
Veteran

looks sick man, i love the diff cover as well. nice touch!

Old 08-13-2012, 01:14 PM
ZWilson07
Professional

Originally Posted by 04HemiGreg
Nice. A little surprised you squeezed those under there with no offset. What's your backspace?

x2 surprised you didn't need to run a smaller spacer. Maybe if you would have chosen some MT's with much bigger lugs it would have needed em.

Never the less, looks good. I think that really made my decision on if im going to go with a 33 or 35 being leveled. Nitto ranges that tire right in as a 34 so I think im def going with the 35's.

Now get under there and clean up that whole rear axle .

Old 08-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Hoosier BigHorn
Rookie

Originally Posted by 04HemiGreg
Backspace is 5"...still plenty of room for these 295's. Probably could have fit 305's, but I didn't want to go that wide.

Originally Posted by Five.SevenRAM
looks sick man, i love the diff cover as well. nice touch!
Thanks man! That was the easiest part of the whole thing.

Originally Posted by ZWilson07
x2 surprised you didn't need to run a smaller spacer. Maybe if you would have chosen some MT's with much bigger lugs it would have needed em.

Never the less, looks good. I think that really made my decision on if im going to go with a 33 or 35 being leveled. Nitto ranges that tire right in as a 34 so I think im def going with the 35's.

Now get under there and clean up that whole rear axle .
I know, I know. Not enough hours in the day though when you have two little ones to chase around. I'd like to take a wire wheel to the whole thing and paint it black, that would really make the blue diff cover stand out.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Five.SevenRAM
Veteran

i was thinking about doing mine red with the zinc bolts like you. im getting the RS5000 series shocks with the red cover on them, so i figure it would match pretty decent.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Hoosier BigHorn
Rookie

Originally Posted by Five.SevenRAM
i was thinking about doing mine red with the zinc bolts like you. im getting the RS5000 series shocks with the red cover on them, so i figure it would match pretty decent.
Should match up pretty good. I got the paint from Autozone, engine block paint I think, the color was Old Ford Blue or something like that. Not an exact match, but it's pretty damn close.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Nate_sorenson
Veteran

beautiful truck, differential cover is sweet, i want the osiris on still though haha

Old 08-13-2012, 02:41 PM
ZWilson07
Professional

Originally Posted by Hoosier BigHorn
Backspace is 5"...still plenty of room for these 295's. Probably could have fit 305's, but I didn't want to go that wide.

Thanks man! That was the easiest part of the whole thing.

I know, I know. Not enough hours in the day though when you have two little ones to chase around. I'd like to take a wire wheel to the whole thing and paint it black, that would really make the blue diff cover stand out.

Yeah I def know what you mean. Id love to remove the whole thing, wire wheel and do some eastwood chassis black/something similar to every vehicles underside. But unless you just have time to put one in the garage, tear it apart, and drive something else until its finished; it usually just stays as one of those things on the to do list.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Nate_sorenson
Veteran

what do the 295's end up being sae wise i know 305's are 33''s

Quick Reply: Leveled, New Wheels & Tires