3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Diablo Sport Predator mpg improvement?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 08:45 AM
Old man with a Hemi2
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that means
Originally Posted by lkvisser
Anything else on the predator? Heard that it manages power a little more evenly? Also I thought that the manual recommends 91 oct? Does the 87 tune take all this into consideration? Scared of the "hemi tick"?
I've run the predator for 4 years. It is a good tuner and is custom tunable. It doesn't shift quite as hard as the Superchips but will still chirp the tires going to second. As far as managing the power more evenly, I don't understand what what you mean by that statement. I have also run the 87 octane tune and I'm sure Diablo adjusts all parameters for 87 octane and I don't even worry about it, and have never heard any detonation. Basically all they had to do to the 87 tune to make it run in the Hemi, was pull some timing out and adjust the fuel. I've even run their 93 octane tune on 87 and no problems in MY truck. I don't recommend that but it will run in mine. Most manuals that I know about recommend 89 octane for the Hemi. The only time I run a high octane fuel is when running the tune Marty Fletcher from KRC performance, wrote for my truck. My truck has never had the Hemi tick at all

Quick Reply: Diablo Sport Predator mpg improvement?