3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Need Opinions on New Truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 01:18 AM
Lynaugh
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've owned my 05 1500 Hemi since December 2012, so about a year and 3 months. I love it just as much as the day I bought it and I can't see driving anything but a Hemi in the future. I don't tow but I've found myself hauling things in the back bed quite a bit but hey it's a pickup for a reason lol. I get about 10-11 mpg city (I have a pretty heavy foot) and the bigger tires dont help. Ill get about 17-18 mpg highway. No wheel well rust on mine either.

Old 03-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Packy37
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most guys are lead foots lol

Old 03-08-2014, 10:25 PM
Lynaugh
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Packy37
Most guys are lead foots lol
Yes you are right hahaha

Old 03-09-2014, 11:08 AM
TheFist
Veteran

Man, I'll say this, the new rams are NICE! I spent about three hours in a '14 2500 heavy duty with a hemi yesterday and I was in love.

Personally, I hate the way the front end looks on the hd's. I think it's the ugliest truck on the market but when I got inside it was something special. And, that thing is built like a truck. Climbing in was like climbing into something with a six inch lift but it was stock despite that, it rode like a Cadillac. Whoever thinks you give up comfort with a solid front axle is an idiot.

I have a 07 half ton and a 89 ford ranger that has now become my daily driver. I was just thinking about 3 days ago about the idea of just trying to keep these two going and not buying a new truck at all or at least keeping the ram going until I hit 200k on the odometer. That's gonna be hard now after riding in that new one.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Packy37
Rookie

Originally Posted by TheFist
Man, I'll say this, the new rams are NICE! I spent about three hours in a '14 2500 heavy duty with a hemi yesterday and I was in love. Personally, I hate the way the front end looks on the hd's. I think it's the ugliest truck on the market but when I got inside it was something special.
Exactly what I think. I hate the front ends

Quick Reply: Need Opinions on New Truck