3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dont buy gas on may 15th

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 03:26 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dont buy gas on may 15th

ORIGINAL: PeterPerlich

Oh nice USA!!!!! 30-40 Dollar for 1 fill up!!!!

In Germany/europe you pay 150 $ for one Ram Hemi gas fill up!! Therfore my Truck drive with Propane!! I pay 70 $ for Propane for the same distance on Gas.

Cu PP
this might sound stupid but ive never heard of this except with forklifts..... how does your truck run off propane?

Old 05-08-2007, 03:27 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

oh and its not 30-40 its 60-70

Old 05-08-2007, 05:53 PM
eltupac
All Star

http://biz.yahoo.com/cnnm/070504/050407_gas_demand.html?.v=1&.pf=family-home

I filled up today, really cheap, 2.91 per gallon

Old 05-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

this might sound stupid but ive never heard of this except with forklifts..... how does your truck run off propane?
Search, the info is just there waiting to be found.
https://dodgeforum.com/searchpro.asp...bmitbutton=+OK+

Or here's a thread about a propane conversion.
https://dodgeforum.com/m_792700/tm.htm

Old 05-09-2007, 01:57 AM
reindeerman
Rookie

Guys, Do you really think a one day boycott will work? The gas companies don’t have to worry about one day! If they do they will just get you back next month. The figures posted of losses to the oil companies are just speculative crap. A billion dollar loss in one day – not likely!

The problem is with all of the politics involved. Contact you congressman or senator (and good luck).

With a 35 gallon tank you figure out how much I pay to fill up. Plus I have five other fuel burning vehicles not to mention all of the power equipment I have that runs on gas.

Do you think the buying gas on the 14th or 16th will help? Get real.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Did anyone ever realize how much the oil companies make anyways? I heard, cant remember where, that one company grosses 10 MILLION every MINUTE of every day! Not to mention what everyone else said, it will only cause a spike of usage and price the next day. I have been saying this for quite a while now, it is not the oil companies fault for prices being so high, it is the consumers and the EPA's fault. Our problem is we can not build refineries because of all the epa's strict enviormental guidelines, companys dont want to F with it because no matter what they do it will cost them more than it is worth to them. Not to mention I have seen people protest about buiding refineries because they say it is bad for the enviornment and they dont want to have to look at it every day, then they go and protest high gas prices. Wake up people, I dont think there has been a refinery built in the US since 1979, not exactly sure of the date. My point is that I am 14 years old, and I understand the concept. Some people are just so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-09-2007, 02:50 AM
Roskeet69
Rookie

Ha the day before my birthday.

ARE YOU GUYS CELEBRATING EARLY FOR IT?

Thanks I appriciete it!

Old 05-10-2007, 02:56 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

most people get paid twice a month, the 15th and the end of the month, I will be buying a lot of flue on may 15 to get me threw the month. so boycotting flue staions on the 15th is pointless...

But hey, my hemi gets over 20 mpg highway !!!! Reg flue is now $1.08 a lt, in Calgary Alberta, and I use mid grade., Gas is still cheaper in the U.S.A. , quit whinening and start driving.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:18 AM
mdram43
Record Breaker

its not going to work. at all. incase anyone hasnt noticed yet. the fuel companies are all independent. they each run on their own. they can each mark fuel to w/e they want. so someone could drop it down to $2 a gallon and still make a huge profit. but as long as they see the other guy seliing at 3 their gonna do the exact same, and each make billions a year in profits. boycotting wont do a single thing. gas is a necessity and they know we will buy. we have to.

not buying on the 15th is stupid. you'd have to do it for a whole month or something. cuz o wow u didnt buy on the 15th but guess what you bought it on the 12th to prepare for the 15th or u buy it on the 17th cuz ur damn near fumes from not buying on the 15th.

its no a matter of boycotting, its a matter of someone bigger stepping in and doing something with the oil companies.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:18 AM
jimmi g

Nice thought and who wouldn't want to bring gas prices down (other than the oil companies), but really, would we be driving 3/4 ton pick-ups, 4x4, many are QC yet are use solo as daily drivers - if we where super worried about the price of gas? We could all go out and buy KIA's - nah, even at $75 to fill up (that's when the pump turns off here) I'll stick with the big trucks. There much safer if your in an accident. When I'm feeling like I need to help the enviornment, I ride my HOG!

Quick Reply: dont buy gas on may 15th