3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dont buy gas on may 15th

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 10:33 PM
PeterPerlich
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dont buy gas on may 15th

Old 05-15-2007, 01:17 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

well i filled up today so i wont have to tomorrow!

Old 05-15-2007, 01:27 AM
livetokite
Veteran

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

well i filled up today so i wont have to tomorrow!
yup me too!

omg were gana make such a diffrence.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:23 AM
bloodsugarsexmagic
Professional

ORIGINAL: Silver Eagle

Richard Nixon had the right Idea back in the 70's he made a law that said all speed limits will be reduced to 55 mph on all Federally Funded Highways. With in a month the prices dropped and the oil companies had more gasoline then they could sell. And it stayed that way for a long long time. Until now. I remember the prices dropping as much as a Dollar a gallon or more. Forweard this to George Bush. See if he can con his way out of this.
An oil tycoon doesnt want you to buy less gas, the higher the price, the richer he becomes.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:26 AM
bloodsugarsexmagic
Professional

ORIGINAL: mdram43

its not going to work. at all. incase anyone hasnt noticed yet. the fuel companies are all independent. they each run on their own. they can each mark fuel to w/e they want. so someone could drop it down to $2 a gallon and still make a huge profit. but as long as they see the other guy seliing at 3 their gonna do the exact same, and each make billions a year in profits. boycotting wont do a single thing. gas is a necessity and they know we will buy. we have to.

not buying on the 15th is stupid. you'd have to do it for a whole month or something. cuz o wow u didnt buy on the 15th but guess what you bought it on the 12th to prepare for the 15th or u buy it on the 17th cuz ur damn near fumes from not buying on the 15th.

its no a matter of boycotting, its a matter of someone bigger stepping in and doing something with the oil companies.
Not true, by dropping the price down that much will be a loss for the owner. I think that gas stations typically make about ten cents a gallon, the rest goes to taxes and overhead.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:43 PM
sumncguy
Veteran

The object is to do without. Dont change the pattern. Or if you do, only get what will get you buy. For some time I have been only putting $20 dollars at time in the Ram. $10 in the clunker and $5 in the motorcycle.
I was topping off all any of the at the end of the day. Now, I buy what I need and only what I need. If I need to stop again, I do.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:29 PM
NJMandCEM
Professional

Call me the putz of the bunch... Wether i spend it todya or tomorrow... They'll still get their monies.. And besides... I saw gas for 2.81a gallon.. So i jumped at it... Does'nt seem like tooo much a profit there... Where everyone else around me is 2.91 or higher....

Old 05-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Vandal77
Rookie

To HankL's post #39 on page two, great post!!! Not only some excellent history, but right on the mark. Not to show my age, but I remember here in PA back in the late seventies you couldn't buy gas any day of the week, it was, if i remember that far back correctly, even or odd? Depending on what your plate number ended with. I was young and dumb and drivingaround with my arm around a beautiful blonde haired young lady, listening to the...uh...8-track player blasting Fog Hat or maybe it was Ted Nugent, and realizedI was on empty, so I rolled into the very long line and by the time I got to the pump, a 9 foot 400 pound something PA State Trooper with a low tolerance for my forgetfulness informed me I didn't know the law and couldn't buy gas. The girl I was with, started crying, worrying how we were going to get home, he gave in, let me buy gas, and what the hell, I married the girl! That was life in the seventies, and many a people pushed their cars up to the gas pumps because of running out. Scary when you think of it and I could certainly see it happenning again in an instant. After all, history does indeed repeat itself. Now if I could only find my 8-track player. I foundsome tapes, but all I haveleft is Led Zepplin, ELO, Santana, Bad Company, Black Sabbath. lol. Those were the days when allI had to worry about was if the car was dirty or clean!

Old 05-16-2007, 07:33 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i wish gas was under 3.00 it is 3.25 last i check this weekend. looking into a dakota.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:55 PM
NJMandCEM
Professional

Sure... get the dakota with a high output and save a mile a gallon.. I know it adds up...

Quick Reply: dont buy gas on may 15th