3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 03:28 PM
My Blue 05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!

Here is the real deal, I called Flowmaster to get details about what is what and this is what I was told. You can throw a series 44 on your 5.7L Hemi but you will LOOSE horse power! The same is true with the 40 series as well. They designed a package especially for the 5.7L HEMI and the part number is 17397. PLEASE call their tech support people to verify this. Now for the truth, the 40 and 44 series systems sound GREAT, but they are extremely loud and cause a drone in the cab and did I mention that you loose horse power too! WHY would anyone do this? I have this system on my 2005 QC and the power is amazing, the sound is excellent and its loud enough when on the gas but quiet enough to have a conversation with the wife. And to answer your question, it makes more power and ever-so-slightly increases your mileage.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:39 PM
TReX5.7
Professional

ORIGINAL: v8only

Another newbie here....

2 weeks ago, I bought a 26k mile hemi ram...it's a beautiful blacked out 03 larami ca express model.

Anyhow, I'm a hardcore ford guy, and have been running flowmasters since day one. My 2 experiences with dynomax left me less than satisfied, it just didn't sound ***** to the wall like flowmaster.

To be Frank, I didn't buy a 12mpg 345 horse truck to be mellow. I'm going to drive it hard, and be heard too. For this reason, the flowmasters are the ONLY way to go.

Also, to be frank, I LOVE drone. the drone is the best sound in the world....music to my ears!!! Who couldn't love the sound of a v8 gently purring at 2k rpms??

Tomorrow, I plan on getting a super 40 welded in. Since mine is an 03, I have NO resonators.

HOWEVER, unlike my mustang, my kids ride in my truck and the wife on occasion. For this reason, they may not like the drone.

So here is my question. Has anyone dynomatted the inside of their truck??? I was kinda thinking if the drone was too loud, that I'd just rip out the seats and carpet and dynomat the floorboards. Done deal.

anyone try this yet?
I dynomatted all four door panels in the rig. I have a dual cat back magnaflow and didnt notice much a difference in drone or noise after the noise deadeners. What I did notice is how well it kept the sound IN and amplified it. But maybe if you deaden the whole truck, floors and ceiling, you'll be able to cut the drone. But at that point you mind as well look into a less aggresive muffler...

Old 10-03-2007, 07:30 PM
jinxedwarrior
Rookie

Just got a sale e-mail from Stylin' Trucks that has Heartthrob exhausts on sale for about $100.00 less than they normally sell them. Here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as..._prod_ids=1619
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Max Power
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, to be frank, I LOVE drone. the drone is the best sound in the world....music to my ears!!! Who couldn't love the sound of a v8 gently purring at 2k rpms??

The sound of a V8 gently burbling is NOT drone.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:04 PM
silverandblack

I have the FM 50 HD 1 in 2 out with 4" tips, Just put one on my wifes truck also, both are 2007 5.7 QC and the sound is awsome.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:06 PM
silverandblack

Picture FM 50 HD on my truck

[IMG]local://upfiles/66592/EA7F130B073646D6B1BC4FC90E72735B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-08-2007, 08:14 PM
panelrodder

I am looking at going w/ a Gibson Superflow 3" in and 3" out muffler on my stock pipes... to start with anyway. The pipe on the 08's is 3" with two cats before the collector and NOTHING before the stock muffler which is followed by a SINGLE resonator about 6-8" before the tip. I plan on putting the muffler in place of the stocker and then put a turn down after it and dump in front of diff. I can always put the stock tail pipe w/ resonator in with an extension piece later if it is too loud. I found the muffler for 139 on summit's site and that leaves me money to buy a K&N 63 Series CAI and ship it all in three days!

Old 10-09-2007, 10:33 AM
acotey

Whats everyone's opinion on this exhaust for my 2007 1500 Quad Cab Hemi? I'm looking for something loud, loud, and more loud. I don't care if I can't talk. I just want it to roar. Opinons and Reccomendations for other pieces to go along with this or another system. I haven't done anything performance wise to it yet so I'm starting fresh.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...18a291a8a92aa7

Old 10-10-2007, 02:46 AM
jjhwick119

read through mostly everything and i still didnt see what i was looking for.

new to dodge, new to performance parts.

friends are telling me to dump my exhaust, but i honestly dont know what that means, lol. do i just buy a muffler? i mean i literally dont know anything about this. 04 4.7, lookin for a good deep rumble with little drone in the cab, if u wanted to know what i got and what i was looking for. and im a little on the broke side though. couple hundred is what i got. maybe a bit more

little help?

thanks

Old 10-10-2007, 07:15 AM
ItsAVROD
Amateur

I just put on a Flowmaster 40 and then "dumped" it. Dumping uses "turn downs". The shop that did mine made the turn downs from pipe that was basicaly bent to a 45 or so degree angle toward the ground. I would think this would be a cheap way of doing exhaust because they don't have to route it over the axle.

Quick Reply: Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!