3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 01:06 PM
landmarkbuilder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!

I have a question. I plan on making my own y pipe for my 2002 QC 4.7 4x4. I am going to remove the cat and TIG weld a collector out of T403 stainless. My question is : I plan on welding a bung in for the downstream o2 sensor, but will not having the cat cause bad readings and mess with the fuel mixture? Any help would be great!!

Old 10-15-2007, 06:33 PM
antman11

hi just a little input i bought a flowmaster american thunder kit it has a 50 series flomaster dual outlet chrome tips and bolts up perfectly w/no mods at all it can come out the rear or the side behind the wheels i prefer the side,took 30 mins. to install (i have a shop) 07 thunder road hemi sounds great and no interior rumbling i got the kit for 400.00

Old 10-15-2007, 06:36 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

-2001 Dodge Ram 5.9L
-Gutted 3" inlet/outlet Magnaflow Cat
-Flowmaster SUPER 44 (3"inlet / 2.5" dual outlets)
-Dual Rear Sweep Exit with 22"x4" Magnaflow Tips

RESULT: VERY LOUD, very obnoxious, very droney, very illegal, and very gurgally lol...and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:32 PM
firebrink

Here's one for ya, maybe someone out there has figured it out. My friend and I both have very similar trucks...as far as 2wd reg cab, just his is an 07 and mine is an 05. We both have flowmaster 40's and no resonators. His is quite a bit louder than mine and every thing is the same. His exhaust before the cats looks a little different than mine but not enough to explain the difference in sound. I have heard other 07 and most of them with aftermarket exhaust sound completely different than 05 and earlier models. Just wondering if anyone knows what the difference is.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:36 AM
antman11

maybe this'll help '07 has a mds system and 2 resonators some aftermarket systems such as i have .american thunder leaves one resonator on the truck so that it has some roar but doesnt resonate into the cab plus now flowmaster offers a new 40 series that is even louder than the old one it just came out for 07 so there are a lot of variables .hope this helps

Old 10-18-2007, 09:46 AM
firebrink

Well, just today I heard that dodge may have put higher flowing cat.s in the '07 model, but I have found nothing to confirm it.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:09 PM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

Magnaflow!!! Sounds Great!

Old 10-20-2007, 08:44 PM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went to a local muffler shop today and the guy really couldn't help me very much. I'm a little worried about the MDS system and the amount of time I spend on the highway. I don't really know how to explain the sound I want, but it erk's the hell out of me that my Hemi is twice as quiet as my old stock '02 Sierra. I'm looking for something with a little more beef, but won't drive me up the wall with my 500 - 600 miles of interstate I do on a weekly basis. The guy at the muffler shop reccommended the Flowmaster 50 seriesBig Blockedition, but when I expressed concerns with the MDS he didn't have an answer for me, he just went a got one, and on the box it said "Late Model Hemi Engines". So does anyone think this is a good way to go? I'd hate to spend the money for it to just take it off later...

Old 10-22-2007, 09:40 AM
TKOHarley

Just purchased an '07 Dodge, QC, 1500, Hemi, Big Horn. I have owned Fords and Chevys all my life. This is my first Dodge and I love it. I do want a to hear the exhaust a little more than the stock "sewing machine" sound it generates currently. You would think with the "HEMI" that Dodge would give an exhaust with at least some noise. I am at the age now that I am not trying to wake the neighbors when I leave for work at 5:00am; however, I still like to hear that big motor purrrrr.

I want to thank those of you who have taken the time to post video and audio clips to help the rest of us make a decision. I am like so many others who have made post here. I am a little leary about the expense and then not being happy with the results and being out another $500.00 or more. I would love to hear from any of you that have installed the new Flowmaster 44 or the performance exhaust that dodge sells (believe its Borla). I like the sound of the system that Peralta posted w/ the 40 Flowmaster. I did not see your new post with both resonators off. Any other ideas please let me know. I am going to do something in the next couple of weeks.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:39 PM
misplaced_rage

i currently have a Flowmaster ?? series on my 02 ram QC 4x4 5.9L. Looking at getting a Cherrybomb Extreme single in dual out muffler. I'm not concerned with cab noise. I want a nasty throaty mean sounding truck. Anyone with any experience with these mufflers?

Quick Reply: Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!